Released almost 5 years ago

What's up with the shitty 3DS library when an iteration of an already seen formula is so much better than anything else?

NIGGA IT'S JUST THAT ANIMAL CROSSING IS THAT FUCKING GOOD

FOR FUCKS SAKE IT AS AN N64 GAME IS LIKE THE NUMBER ONE ON THE GAMECUBE

what

There's lots of good things on the 3DS. It's just Animal Crossing has… Certain things about it that make it stand out.

It's not even the best animal crossing.

GCN Animal Crossing is still the best, 3DS is just sort of an update with half-assed online and a complete refusal to add things like extra DLC or fun minigames, or an advanced online, or idk fucking anything

One of the deathblows to the franchise's comfy atmosphere was the removal of real-life holidays.

They removed holidays?
Why, to not offend people or something?

Because not everybody in the world celebrates Thanksgiving or Christmas
It's easier than having a different version for each country

They only removed them in wild world, they add in even more real-life holidays in New Leaf, hell they even added region exclusive holidays where other region players can go visit and participate in the events

Who fucking cares? The people in Animal Crossingland do, because they're American.

That is… That is exactly what the update added, user.

Though if you ask me this shit must have been in the works as a Wii U title before they decided to drop the Wii U and stop production after Iwata died.

Glad I got off that sinking ship. If anyone else is considering it, the weeks leading up to Christmas are a good time to sell.

And that's why instead of calling Thanksgiving you call it Harvest day so everybody can participate, do something american themed and not be confused

Nuh-uh

Is it really that old, jesus christ

Nah, NL lets you put fruit in baskets
That alone makes it way better

Well 5 years ago in Nipland, it came out March in the est

i like call of duty too xddddd

I never should have gotten rid of it

When I was around 12, my older sister deleted my town that I had put a massive amount of time into because I wouldn't let her use a computer while I was playing Runescape on it. I was absolutely fucking heartbroken.

I made a new town, but it was never quite the same. I sort of want to dig out my old DS and load up WW, but I can already tell it will just make me sad. Just thinking about it makes me feel bad.

I have never seen anyone be this wrong or this retarded.

The sky is not blue

I wouldn't say it's the best thing in the library, but it was really fun when there was an actual active community outside of the cat ladies over at belltreeforums. My last memory of it was abducting Drake from my brother's town shortly before my save corrupted and I lost him to the void. Has the new update revived the community at all?

Cat ladies like Animal Crossing?

Shit son I couldn't play it for longer than a month. Game went from fun to boring chore so god damn fast. MH3U/4U are the best games on the 3DS. No fucking contest.

Not even close, go pirate or import pic related to see the real best 3DS titles

That looks fun and all but at the end of the day it's a meme-y brawler that's 90% style. Monster Hunter is timeless. It's so timeless they can just release the same game every year and you can still put in 500+ hours all over again.

Op, how much of a faggot are you even? I bought mine a year ago and even I can see there's a shitload of great games on the 3ds, and there has been for years. Kid Icarus was 9/10 after accounting for how fucking annoying the controls could be and stamina. Monster hunter as a series is great, I'm still playing through 3U's G rank. There's that custom robo knockoff RPG LBX robo, and Liberation Maiden, and more recently, Federation Force for all the mech fans, though there hasn't been a proper metroid game yet.

It's too bad none of you fuckers actually bought FF, because that shit was a tech demo for the gyro control scheme and engine they would have used for a sequel to Hunters, and while the game isn't as good as a real metroid it's a fun co-op shooter on a system with a real lack. Heck I can only think of 4 on 3ds and OG DS combined, and I've already listed two.

the 3ds has been seriously lacking compared to the vita. haven't touched my 3ds since majora's mask last year. pathetic system.

The only decent game I know of on the vita is gravity rush and that's got an HD re-release. Sell me on buying one then, if it's got so many games.

not interested, you can look into the library yourself if you want to. Never seen someone who was actually happy with how the 3ds turned out though. Such a disappointing handheld.

I never got the appeal of animal crossing
I played it for an hour every few days for about a month. But it's just so boring.

seems like the sims without the sim part

I never buy a console unless it has a minimum of 5 games I want to play. I don't know what kind of games YOU want to play, but I got a Vita for:

But I pretty much spend 90% of my game time on the 3DS playing Monster Hunter.

WW isn't really that good.
Maybe some of you have fond memories of WW because you got to play it with other people.

I got a DS just about when everyone was getting a 3DS, and cleaning grass off of the town wasn't really fun

Rune factory 4 is better

Only one of the games you listed is an exclusive.

Gravity rush has an HD re-release on PS4, so I'll play that when I get a ps4 when the next gen rolls over or if it gets a PC release. Dragons crown is on PS3 and one of the main reasons I bought one. Shantae is on PC. Muramasa is on the wii. If I can play it on something other than handheld I will, even better if it's on PC, with the exception of something like monster hunter, because I didn't want to buy a wiiU for one game and the later games aren't coming to console.

Exclusives don't mean anything. A console is defined by its library, which includes all of the games it can play. Just because the Wii has a pozzed version of Muramasa doesn't mean I can never consider playing it on the Vita, does it?

A console is defined by its exclusives.

A game only counts towards incentive to purchase a system if it is the best version of said game.

Go ahead and buy a Wii and a PS3 and a PS4 and a PC and a WiiU then. I'm sure you're getting a much better deal than the Vita.

They only buyer's remorse I've had is buying a Wii. What a colossal pile of shit that console was. It actually made games bad purely on merit of being on the Wii thanks to it's retarded control scheme.

Yeah, because by waiting for a console to end it's life cycle I can pick up that console with all the singleplayer games it has cheap as fuck, or emulate it. The only reason I bought a handheld is because it had compelling games, and really it's just monster hunter. I just can't stop playing monster hunter, it rules my life. I also spend a significant amount of time away from home. And buying a PC is a non-consideration if you're posting here, PCs get more powerful every year and a machine considered old and weak can play decades worth of great games and emulation of older consoles.

Thanksgiving I understand, but Christmas? I'm pretty sure that the only people who would get annoyed at the inclusion of Christmas are countries that would have banned the game anyways.

You missed out friendo. Although no game was better than the original GC game, City Folk was a good balance between the original game and new features (or lack thereof)

Now this is a great game.

I dont mind Monster Hunter but for me its no Phantasy Star or Rune Factory.

This may scare you because your piece of shit Vita isn't backwards compatible, but you can just have a Wii U and a PS4.
Also what 3rd world country do you come from that you don't already have a PC by default?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with owning multiple platforms as long as piracy exists in them. Buying aPS3 and a Wii was the best decision I made,buying the 360 wasn't Piracy existed but it was a lot more limited than the other 2.
Sounds to me like you're either retarded to pirate or too poor to buy the console in the first place. Also, exclusive it what gives flavor to the console itself, specially if it takes advantage of the console, like the Wii.

Well, it's occasionally Orange.

Would any user know of a working dump of the thing for citra that doesn't require a round-trip through a cfw'd 3ds?

The only one I'll give you is the WiiU, but that still requires you to purchase Wii controllers and suffers from the fact that the games are still wagglan shit on merit of being made for the Wii to begin with.

You sure about that?