PS4 Pro Heat Test - Ratchet and Clank in 1080p Mode

youtube.com/watch?v=xwCe-KlGVkA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQm8qpexnjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Could you attach a big ass heatsink to that thing and use it to boil water? Goddamn.

What's wrong with that? A PC with proper cooling has components hovering around 70C.

I know this is bait, but.

I fail to see the issue. Those numbers aren't outside the usual

Go run prime95 and furmark simultaneously and report back.

Those temperatures are quite low.

prime95 and ratchet and clank aren't comparable. I'm not opening prime95 again after 2 years but if i remember it should hit between 56/60 Celsius.

I don't know if Intel CPUs are designed to run at lower temperatures or if they just falsely report low but every AMD I've ever owned had ridiculously high temps and never broke.

prime95/furmark are the worst tools for benchmarking. No game is that optimized to run your GPU/CPU that intensely.

Why can't all games look as beautiful as The Order or the new Ratchet and Clank? not saying that the order is a good game btw

56C in prime95 on a modern processor like a Skylake would be a Noctua NH-D15 in a freezer.

It's not the CPU, it's my heat sink.

that's not really particularly abnormal temps considering the devices low profile

i still think the issue is the pro just isn't powerful enough to be considered even remotely current gen

As a matter of fact, i have the NH-D15 and it's not in a freezer.

The last time consoles had an edge over PC gaming was back in NES days. They've always been weak as shit after that gen.

The point is to make sure your CPU/GPU can't spike into throttling territory and fuck things up. Most people building PCs today have no idea what they're doing and prime95/furmark will show that when their systems fall over from improper cooling/airflow.

show me a full pc build for $399 that can match settings found in pro patched games
ill wait
dont forget it comes with a controller too, so your budget is $339, no used parts allowed

I have one as well, and at 24C ambient on a factory clocked 6700k, prime95 on high heat will stabilize in the 60s.

as soon as you show me a PS4 that can run any operating system I want

Not so fast, champ. Factor in another $400 for the price of online over the lifespan of that 'pro'. $800 is the PC target you should be comparing with.
You can reuse your old controllers on a PC.

Wew, are they going to start exploding soon too?

Shit bait.

i knew you couldnt but it was funny seeing your try
pcucks on suicide watch

Are you guys going to factor in the loss sony takes for selling the console because they make more money selling games.

You just uncovered it's stove feature! Now someone has to test cooking an egg on it and we are good to go.

fresh meme

Shit thread. The pro is just a bad console, even if you ignore the temperatures.

Those times are over. The five hundred and ninety nine dollarydoos system that's still sold at a loss won't be coming back, instead we'll get iterative upgrades like this one which are profitable from day one. They also have a lot of games from day one, no start of the gen game vacuum anymore.
BB runs on PS4P. Only with slightly lower loading times than on a launch PS4 and no further improvements, but it runs.

It's because of the way AMD CPUs report their temperature. Apparently they don't report their absolute temperature, but a relative value based on how far the temperature is below some limit (likely 70 degrees). And a lot of programs seem to misinterpret this number and instead think you're running at 120 or something.

AMD has a program called Overdrive that interprets the data correctly, but it still doesn't tell you the absolute temperature.

List frames per second too, faggot.

HEH HEH HEH

Oh wow, this is actually a neofag thread.

Likely cuckchan rapefugees since Hiroshima is now helping CRT.

AMD CPUs have always run hot.

#PS4THEPLAYERS

Stop the presses.

And here I am, eating my own words, truly the ps 4 is the pinnacle of modern game console design

SFV looks as good on a toaster as it does on PS4. Even if it got a pro patch you wouldn't be able to disable the motion blur or uncap the frame limiter. It isn't about graphics it's about options.

Also

How about you let me know when you can find a comparable console + display + computer for $500 'cause that's exactly what I'd have building a PC at the price point you gave me plus a decent monitor.

why

I had it before the rootkit. I don't have it anymore

Intel's kit is usually under-clocked, and don't forget they're usually more energy-efficient per instruction. Intel makes better, faster cores, AMD just throws more cores at their problems and leaves it to the end-user to supply the heat management.

It's a rather Western vs. Eastern dichotomy in regards to methodology. Either way, my R9 380 never reports more than 60C at load with the standard heatsink it came with. Though I do use a non-standard fan curve to achieve this.

Nevermind the price of upgrading a PC is well below that of a console.

HDD full?
Meanwhile on consoles

CPU running too hot?
PS4 overheating?

GPU outdated?
>PC can get a GPU capable of running current games kek, why would you even, modern games suck for around $200-$250, which will last 5 or so years assuming the user doesn't do stupid shit like overclock it.

Consoles?

Input device worn out?

Consoles?

Consolefags are truly the worst corporate slaves in existence.

But those aren't bad temps

There's an alternative although it's not much better

Remember memory cards? What a fucking ripoff those were.

Any sort of flash memory device was insanely expensive until the 7th gen, memcards weren't any more of a ripoff than $150+ 128mb flashdrive

This 100x

Shit bait

I hope my new heatsink comes soon though

Hard drives weren't cheap back in the day, and in the time the ps2 came out, USB memory sticks with whooping 32 to 64 mb of capacity where just arriving at the markets around the world, Sony implemented USB into the ps2 but USB technology was still in diapers, the ports in the PS2 are 1.0, and even those were bleeding edge.

The most cost effective way to backup data until around 2005 was optical media

Did nobody see the proprietary part? That's my main issue with this.

They were easily reverse engineered though, even the PS1/2 ones that supposedly were secure had unauthorized 3rd party reproductions pretty early on.
Sometimes it was even worse, the XBOX for example will take most XFAT formatted device under 4GB if it's connected via usb the only issue here was that the cable was USB but nonstandard.

Reasons why consoles are superior to PC faggotry:

-Consoles come with all of the RAM you will ever need right out of the box. You will never hear a console player complain about having too little RAM. On the other hand, you constantly hear about PC players running out of RAM because their chrome case is always eating it and they have to spend valuable gaming time downloading more of it. Depending on your internets, this may take several days.

-PCs break all of the time and PC owners have to spend hundreds of dollars replacing the broken components every time a new game comes out. When a new game comes out on your console of choice, it just works and doesn't break it. PC gamers have to replace their broken graphic cards all the time to play new games. Sometimes it's even necessary for them to replace their harddrive with a slower speed drive (SSD) just to make sure their games run properly. Consoles have only the fastest speed drive available and you never have to replace it.

-Consoles come in a whopping 500 gigs of storage for you to keep all of your games and stuff on, but PCs only come in 4, 8 and 16 gigs, but sometimes 32 and 64 gigs if you want to spend thousands of dollars. The 500 gigs are included in the console's affordable purchase price.

-Consoles run at a smooth and steady 30fps's which is the best fps to run at since it's cinematic and made specifically for all of our shooter games like Call of Duty. That's actually what fps stands for which is fast person shooter. PCs run at 60 and 140fps's which is much too fast and makes it harder to play games because you're losing too many fps's in between your 30 fps's. That's a wasted 30+fps's. It's no wonder their graphic cards are always breaking all the time!

-With PCs you have to spend thousands of dollars to make your PC display 4k screens, but consoles can upscale to your 4k television right out of the box. You just need to buy a 4k TV and plug your console in and it will just work. It's even better with Monster gold-plated HDMI cables because you get a clearer picture. PCs don't have Monster HDMI cables.

-You can do everything you need to on a console with a controller that is provided for you with the console. PC users need to buy a keyboard and mouse just to have the same functionality as our free controller. The controller was designed specially to fit nicely and comfortably in our hands with buttons easily accessed by our thumbs and fingers but the PC keyboards have buttons all over the thing and you have to take your hands off the mouse to use the keyboard so you can't even use them at the same time.

-You can get free games with your online subscription on consoles. PC users have to buy all of their games and they don't get free ones. They also get a worse online experience because nobody pays for their servers. Console manufacturers are able to provide a premium and quality online experience with the subscription model.

-Consoles come shipped prebuilt and you only have to plug them in and you can start playing games immediately. For PCs you have to build your mother board and hope that it works with the cpu that you bought and buy your slow speed drive and graphic cards. You need multiples so you can display more graphics and like I said they keep breaking with newer releases. And then you have to cool the whole thing in water because it completely overheats all of the time.

-The best Xbox costs $499 while the best PC costs $4999. Why is the PC so much more expensive when they play the same games except the console exclusive games which only the consoles play? Do the math people!

PC Master Race? More like PC Disgrace

Pff, only newfags lack muscles. I remember schlepping CRT monitors up and down flights of stairs.

The proprietary nature is likely intended to slow down game save manipulation, as well as providing another profit avenue. At least they weren't the obscene level of jewery we see today with Vita memory cards. Holy shit.

At least there's the possibility of making adapters that allow the use of SD cards today.

I remember first firing up The Division's Open Beta and wondering why the hell all the text was so tiny, because it defaulted to running in 4K on my basic ass R9 380 and was downsampling it to 1080p for my monitor.

Gay lovers?

boom problem solved

Shit, son, I have to keep my window open when I go to bed otherwise my room turns into a sauna. Fucking GPU idles at 40C.

What's the fucking point even? The Pro won't even have exclusives, and some games can't even get steady 60fps anyway.

You are so full of shit it's amazing

My 5820K has a NH-D15S on it, their best cooler with an additional fan and it hits 75C for 100% load

I dont know why but I always giggle whenever I see that heatsink. At what point do you NEED that much fan anyway?

That seems like a faulty sensor

All of you need to check my repeating digits

My 8800GTS 512 was breaking 109c under load before I built a new rig

I just stopped giving a fuck about cleaning it at some point, and let it collect dust and cat hair for 2 years

Go on, you can be even more retarded than this. Don't give up yet!

And to add, you can't have overly lewd content on consoles due to soccer moms' influence. Show me the the console equivalent of this free gaem: >>>/hgg/32781

because good graphics cost money. Uncharted 4 looks better than any game to date.

That's because it's a movie.

Congratulations, you've taken the most obvious bait to have ever been posted on 8ch.

more game play than grand strategy at least

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I bet you masturbate to the rancid sow the Jew put in the game.

No, but I do use the tears of pc gamers give me as lube. so easy to get them, all I have to say is "uncharted 4 looks better than any game to date" and they just line up with tissues at their side.

DELETE THIS

sure user, sure.

here's the original with some tests on the PS4Pro + SSDs

good shit

What baffles me is that 5 minutes of Furi drives my CPU and GPUS all over 90 degrees celsius.

Is this game really this badly optimized or what's going on, even Witcher 3 didn't push it over 80c.

Laptop, all it holds is the OS really

fucking casual.

-Crysis
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R
-Supreme Commander
-Total War Warhammer
Uncharted is a fucking movie which barely requires any processing power due to everything being static aside from foliage and water.
Thats like bragging about goodlooking walking simulators like Ethan Carter
Game barely makes use of any particles and interrupts most action scenes for pre rendered cutscenes.

50 degrees isn't hot, retard. My GPU has a TJMax of 105. As a matter of fact, these temps are low.

It does though. You cant find a game that looks better.

Those temps are nothing you retard, there are much more important shit to criticize the PShit Pro on

Where the fuck do you keep your computer?

Sup?

Warframe.
FFXIV.
MGSV.
Dark Souls 3.
FFXV.
I could argue games with mods, but that feels like cheating.
gg no re 2 ez 4 me bcuz u have no pp

Strange, speccy for me shows +90c typically but my motherboard software shows around 40 and so does Open Hardware Monitor.

Mostly idle with 6 tabs open in Firefox and Steam open as well.

I remember when this shit was banned on sight.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQm8qpexnjo

Furi is a Unity game with a seriously bad technical side so I wouldn't put it past bad optimization, but it runs somewhat well on my toaster(until it crashes on level 4 anyways)

why do you cut me so

What happened?

It turned out a buggy and disappointing game? I hear the newest updates fixed things but I still haven't played it again since.

I'm not sure if Holla Forums is computer illiterate but yes, max 58.1°C is a perfectly acceptable temperature for standard silicon to operate.

Many GPUs don't even thermal throttle until over 90°C.
CPUs don't thermal throttle until 70°C+

If you're one of the idiots comparing your idle PC temperature to full load PS4 temperature you are either being intentionally obtuse or unintentionally retarded.

Its GSC of course it will be buggy as shit at launch

I'm talking about all of it, including the NeoFAG-tier shitposting from butthurt PS4 owners like

Consolewars do absolutely nothing other than create shitposting

Video is just showing the surface temperature. The die itself would be significantly hotter.

I'm not sure if you failed thermodynamics, but he's measuring the temperature of the OUTSIDE of the PS4. Between the actual CPU/GPU and the case, there's a layer of air constantly being circulated by the fans. The air inside is at least 58C to give a reading of 58C on the outside casing. It's probably more. And then the actual chips are gonna be even hotter. I wouldn't be surprised if both CPU and GPU were running at 70C+, to heat up the OUTSIDE of the console to 58.

Feels good man.

What cooler do you use?

This is probably the most cancerous thread on the board right now. Good job to everyone involved, you've really outdone yourselves this time.

Stock. Just cold today, usually idles closer to 20.

The third fan gives no boost to the cooling, there's a video on youtube about it.

Your die at 60C isn't hot.

Your plastic outer case being 60C means your die is probably 80-90C.

AM3+ chips don't report lower-end temperatures correctly. Mine approaches 0C sometimes, even though it very clearly radiates heat from the heatsink.
Normally, when it says it's under 10C, just add 20 to the number. When it says it's between 10 and 20C, just add around 15 degrees.
So 8C is more like 28C, and 18C is more like 33C.
Above 45C it's pretty accurate, which is where it matters, anyway.

Makes sense. But what causes that?

I had the same its the sensor fucking up. One AMD CPU of mine reported 100 degrees celcius on idle.

Super Metroid.

Or bad software, see my post.

Step aside

lmao this autistic homo is posting 10 year old games like they're relevant any more. you actually put the periods between the letters in stalker, such a hardcore slav

Do I sense some butthurt from your general direction?

Pretty much any game that put effort into their aesthetics beyond trying to look so HD realistic like a movie brah. Like, even Halo Reach looks better because its more than a generic brunette action man

nice aspect ratio

Nice dubs

Heres your reply

I love you

Nigga if those are idle, you need to bust out the air compressor.

Are those idle? I'm in the southern hemisphere, it's still warm outside and I don't get those temps.