The worst games with the best soundtracks

I'm sure you''ve played one before. A meh or worse game that ended up having a way better soundtrack than what its actual quality points to.

Well list any you played. I'll start off with Wario: Master of Disguise. Namely for Cannoli and Carpaccio's music. Not that the rest of the soundtrack is meh or worse.

The entire Danganronpa series.
Utter garbage pseudo-VN waifubait shit with laughable writing and characters, but hot damn the music is top notch

well, post the music dude! dont make me do it

You emulated it, didn't you?

This is probably one of the best tracks from the game. It's a shame it was such a horrible virtual pet game.

Not OP, but you can't say that Master of Disguise doesn't have huge flaws. The story is an absolute mess and half of the time the touch controls don't even work, I broke my old DS this way, actually. Granted I haven't played it in a while, but it came off very meh. It's Wario Land Lite basically.

I don't care if it's plagiarized.

I remember having a really good time with it, much more than with Wario Land 4 at least

Are you calling killer 7 shit, faggot?

Final Fantasy 14

What's so hard to understand? The only shit part is when Wario is screwed out of his money at the end unlike the other Wario games.
Pretty sure you were just bad at it, mine worked perfectly fine and this is actually the first time I heard that criticism.

FFXIII if we are on it.

featuring the best 16 bit covers of Black Sabbath tunes.

I'll gladly take Yamamotos stolen guitar riffs and film scores over Sumitumo's cheap original synth that ruind the Buu arc odlf Kai and is now in Super.

forgot game

Shit VN that was shilled here a lot. It's a pretty shitty non-game but the soundtrack is damn fucking good.

UNDERTALE
KINGDOM HEARTS
SOME SONIC GAMES

And Knuckles.

it has one good song

It felt extremely cheesy

Again, I haven't played it in a while.

This

Thank you.

I wouldn't really call that a best soundtrack then.

well, its a jpg of course its nothing special. i dont know why he doesnt just post the damn song though

Undertale

barney is sans

EVERYBODY SUPER SONIC RACING

Sonic Advance 2 and 3 don't have the best level design but they have great music. It's too bad the GBA's sound is a little grating.

dont drunk post, kids. remember

Apollo Justice is easily the weakest game in the Ace Attorney series (that doesnt mean bad), but the music is pretty damn good

borderlands 2 tiny tina dlc - I pirated it obviously
game and this dlc in particular is full of SJW references, cringeworthy memes and feminist politics inserted at every occasion, but the music was nice.
I'm not sure why I played it, I guess as long as the game is still 90% shooting shit the sjw-laden dialogue doesn't get as much time and thus doesn't matter as much

really? i dont recall the vanilla game being full of sjw politics

Wario Master of Disguise is one of those games that just did not need any fucking gimmicky drawing controls. Had the costumes been relegated to buttons, it would have fared much better.

Masafumi Takada is gr8

I fucking loved that game, I just wish the tiers weren't so shit, the controls just a tad bit more precise and a couple more levels to play through.

maybe I confused it with pre-sequel then but BO2 was still heavily "progressive" anyway. Maybe the incidents of memes and "modern" references are insignificant when compared to the whole lore, story, quests of the game, but when every instance of these references, if they're at all political, are leftist then the game itself deservedly gets that reputation as progressive

How has this not been posted yet?

Borderlands 2 had Jesper Kyd do the soundtrack, which is why it's so good. If you want some more of his music in a good game with amazing environments to back it up you should play Darksiders 2.

I think 2 might've been a little less heavy on the progressive agenda but it was still fucking awful and still written by Anthony Burch. Still full of terrible humor, shitty references, bad gameplay and enormous amounts of wasted potential.

I think everything composed by the Follin brothers counts.

youre probably thinking of pre sequel even i noticed it there. well as for bl2, if you wanted you could say lillith crushing on roland was promoting interracial relationships.
although i think it really depends on what you want to see. anthony burch is the whole reason cuck is a meme, but while it had that tragic lesbian and the thing with that ex boyfriend the lady has you assassinate. it also has a 'strong independent woman' as a villain ready to justify sacrificing millions of lives and the damsel in distress thing with the ai construct. again, if you want to see it that way. you could also see it as a womans life being extinguished for the goals of a man, but i think thats more of a stretch. you could also see it as the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. it was definitely trying to invoke a dreadful feeling in one way or another.

i wanna say yes by default because of burch, but perhaps in that regard they did a good job pandering to both sides. not that doing that works. i mean, that game floated like a brick.

posting for examples.

more a crappy port than anything but posting anyways.

I didn't. It sucked. Having to squiggle lines on the DS touchscreen was shit

there was certainly a technique to it. people are willing to learn how to rocket jump but not how to draw a square with a line through it

Is it back on the catalog? the other one should be deleted.

Fuck me, I wasn't expecting it, I should have known better

I wish the game itself wasn't just a pretty building game, but I've been listening to some of the OST and god damn. What a waste

This is the only song I can remember from Borderlands 2, but it was good enough that it made the segment it played in feel pretty dang fun. I like it when a game soundtrack gets me pumped enough to start playing like a crazed moron.

Wait, I take that back, there was also this one.

Basically whenever the music sounded like the space Western the damn games were supposed to be, I was enjoying it.

Oh no, it's cool. I'm sure you have a valuable perspective on why you didn't like this game. It'd be nice to get some insight from the gay community.

Listen, I like Suda's games, but you have to admit they're always pretty weak on the "gameplay" side. It's understandable that someone wouldn't like them.

I don't have high hopes for the game itself, but it has the grooviest soundtrack I've heard since 1994

A NUU

I keep forgetting that project exists. That song sounds like it's half Mother, half original flavor, and I'm not sure if it works very well or doesn't work at all. Can't make up my mind.

Well they're definitely cheating by using a lot of samples from the Mother 2 soundtrack, but I think it sounds pretty good

That is cheating, yeah. I do think it sounds good, I'm just uncertain if it's good for a Mother game, in that context. I hope we'll get to find out. Even if it doesn't turn out great, it'd be nice to see an ambitious project like it actually completed.

Hi OP

Killer 7 is probably the strongest Suda game gameplay wise.

I don't know, it's pretty much just an esoteric rail shooter. No More Heroes is more conventional and solid, but shallow. Don't know enough about Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw was very simplistic, and Killer Is Dead might have the best gameplay but its story is too incomprehensible even by my standards.

That shit killed the game, user.

Have a song with ZERO samples taken from the Mother Series.

It reminds me of a heavier version of the Luigi's Mansion theme. I'm also getting vibes of all that generic electro music you can find everywhere on Youtube, but it's not completely that. I do like it, and I think it could work well depending on how it's used.

so it's the Krillin of video games?

From what I can tell by their update blog, it's going to be fantastic but I'd rather play it before giving any final judgements

Easily the worst of the mainline games, but god damn that OST

It's ok, I didn't expect anyone to know it anyways. Music is God tier, though.

git gud

How about some Megaman X6?

MMX6 was good, all the complaints come from scrubs and shitters that got stuck at Gate

To be fair,even when I really like it, the game is rushed.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the mini-games. Didn't bother me, they were entertaining enough even when they are really repetitive.

Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure - Boss Battle.

Possibly not a "bad game" but still an obscure spin off that was bundled with it's own wireless bluetooth keyboard for the NDS and was only released in Japan and Europe.

It's still an interesting track from a game about TYPING, it feels like it should have been in Smash Bros.

Initial D is a series carried by its soundtrack.

Look, if you want to fight, I'll fucking cut you.

No shit? The D stands for dogshit, of course it's bad