Ss13

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE THREAD EDITION

What is Space Station 13?

SS13 is a robust multiplayer point-and-click about surviving a shift in the uniform of a NanoTrasen station employee paid solely in MEMES.

Where can I play?

CPStation is currently the primary Holla Forums server. You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible.

The BYOND client is presently Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE.

There is a winefag who actually made it work, pester him in the thread for a how to.

You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client Download - byond.com/download/

Server Info

Name: CPStation
Primary Address: byond://149.56.29.240:1337

SERVER IS DEAD PLS HELP email: [email protected]/* */

Wiki (Outdated)

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
discord.gg/wwtQtA2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHY WAS SHEYLOS REMOVED AS A ADMIN?

4th for shitposting tumblr stuff to make people mad

He didn't suck my feminine penis :^)

seems like all the admins and mods are getting removed

all that's left that I know of are sierra and deflame

that's all you really care about I'm sure

What job should I choose if I've never played?

SierraChan = Host
Dopaper = Game Master
Octareenroon91 = Game Admin
SpaghettiScience = Game Admin
Doubleplus = Game Admin
Compactusdiskus = Moderator
DerFlammenwerfer = Moderator
SHOAHDAN = Moderator
Zaers = Coder

Compactdiskus will be getting game admin later tomorrow but yeah. Seems me and flammen are the only "active" admins during euro poor times

well if you'd unban me and make me a mod I'd be on pretty much 24/7

Anyone who has been banned is not someone I want anywhere near admin ranks.

Cargo Tech.
Assistant has no access and is really only played by robust players to fuck shit up.

SWAT THE SPIDER

would you prefer pubbies?

Up to you dude. Realize that you probably wont be doing your job for the first few hours of playtime as you learn the UI and controls.

With that said, any of the service jobs are usually slow and low stress: Bartender, Janitor, Librarian, Cook.

I know its overwhelming at this point, but you will make it if you take it slow. Dont be scared to tell people you are new if they ask you questions.

Thanks. I'll probably play later.

calm down and race mix with 2d space rock lesbians.

user, why do you have tumblr art saved on your computer?

I'm a newfag.

I think I've heard of this one, is this the one where all shit goes to hell?

don't fight it, become the cancer.
join the dark side.

Yes, roll engineer and ask for help to learn the ropes.
there is a Wiki located here

It's slightly outdated though but you'll get the required info you need from here.

No thanks

DO NOT GO ENGINEER.

Start as a cargo technician, read the wiki in the OP to learn the ropes. It's somewhat overwhelming at the start but it's easy to learn as long as you're willing to take it slow.

No admin on, do your job shitmins. :')

hehe… Shitposter almost had me I guess.

So is the game played in real time?

Welp, time for singuloose

you don't learn how to be robust as a cargo tech, all they do is run around with party hats.
as a engineer he can learn to set up solars, unweld/weld objects and doors, hack doors (with the proper equipment already in his grasp), set up walls, etc.

It's better he goes engineer and ask another experienced engineer to show him the ropes.

Hardly anyone plays engineer if there is another engineer aboard. Unless he latejoins with another engineer onboard and asks him, he won't learn something that advanced by his own.

REMINDER THAT THE SINGULO IS A GIANG BLACK HOLE OF DEATH AND IS THE MAIN POWER SOURCE OF THE STATION, NOT KNOWING HOW TO SET IT UP AND SIGNING FOR ENGINEER IS GOING TO GUARANTEE THE STATION'S DOWNFALL IN LESS TIME THAN A TRAITOR CAN MAKE A MAXCAP

It's a real-time top-down graphical MUD based on a space station. Pretty much, you really have to actually learn how to interact with things like objects or other beings before going into the trek of actually learning how to do X or Y. It's simpler than it sounds, really, just click things and see what they do when used in this context or in the other, the wiki has tons of mostly precise info about this.

Unless a traitor uses a singu beacon, 99.99% of the time the singularity goes directly east of its containment, and doesn't even go southwards enough to even scratch the AI sat or atmospherics. Thermo engine's better anyways

doesnt work anymore because of the code slow atmospherics

In my experience, the singu eats the gravity generatator eventually even if it does go east of containment to begin with.

The Interface looks more simple then Aurora 4X so I think I can get the hang of it. I'm going to join and start pushing crates around.

I'd suggest someplace where you wont get banned for a simple mistake

Good luck, a few tips: drag'n drop mechanics are implemented in a bunch of things; experiment with that and backpacks to empty or transfer shit from one container to another or with sleepers and closet type things. Ctrl+clicking things lets you drag things, it's faster than grab intent too which is more about wresting than actually pulling people.

Fuck off back to TG already, don't you have a new freon-based dildo that goof wants to stick in your arse?

It feels like some names are missing.

tower stepped down and afew of the trial mods got shit canned but I forget their names

sheylos is no longer an admin though for whatever reason, although not sucking sierras dick is a likely reason why not

I think its a mix of being an unapologetic shitter and spreading the rumor he is a gay man.

sheylos? he was a good admin though

No he wasn't. He liked to "all the buttons" every other round and shitpost.

I liked all the buttons…

Yes, I did.

TH\he only time I've seen him press all the buttons is when it was specifically voted for. It sure as hell wasn't every other round.

This is patently false. If he isn't the only admin online, he deadmins, and if he is, he tends to play MoMMI so he can answer ahelps.

And frankly, he spends the majority of his time as an observer anyway.

so he also a fag who talks shit but doesn't actually play, talk about a hypocrite

Sierra is just another name for gitgud by the way.

thats the point you inbred quadriplegic nigger jew reddit cuck

Seeing all this support makes me want to hate men and start a patreon :')

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

I'd white knight you any day babe

i've been found out

discord.gg/wwtQtA2
Reminder there's a discord

It should work

it doesn't, unless I was banned there

here's the mumble though

8ch.servers.moe:64738

shoo mark

Feels good knowing you'll never be unbanned

mark has nothing to do with the discord anymore, because he had a bitchfit and left.
broshi ur a nigger

What is so hard about raiding the armory and then taking out the AI?

this happens every grayy round i spectate

Until I actually see it happen? Yes.
Will it happen on this server? No.

Attention: New Server Rule
Using command consoles or AI commands to announce Hillary propaganda to the station is now a bannable offense. Anyone caught doing it will face a permanent ban and deportation back to Space Mexico.

It's 2216, get over your meme election

Cough Sure is quiet in here.

It's been dead all morning and only just as I'm about to leave for class someone shows up.

You assholes better still be here when I get back.

Join the server queer, literally alone on there.

>>>/cuckchan/

We have a group of metafags murderboneing, ADMINS GET IN HERE

There's a coordinated group of metashitters fucking up everything right now. Guess how many admins are online?
Strange how they're always available to push buttons and forbid fun, though.

Can I play this on my elitist OS, gny/linux?

I tried and for some reason I was unable to do it.

i catched some guys talking about TS or something on last thread, that's what killed the last server.

Yeah, works just fine. Except for one thing: renaming cards with the ID consoles and calling the shuttle without AI controls. I don't remember how, but I know there's a way to fix this as well.

I cannot touch people on the ground either in combat, dragging, or taking items. I am on Windows 7 and this only happened today.

Turns out its from the new version of the game, wew just went back.

I see reddit woke up early and is already starting shittery.

Solars provide more than enough power and it's safe
Active singulo is the sign of a lazy shitter of an engineer

Nothing new there. There's always a few funny guys that probe the server and see when admins aren't online so they join up during that time and grief all they want. Probably banned from all other servers or they have some hateboner with Holla Forums.

Either just spectate them or play at another time.
Or bitch with the admins to get someone during those hours.

dead serber

If you want to figure out your shit, why don't you host a local server?

Skid McMark is a shitter pubbie, just to to let mods know.

If there's a faggot griefing people in the game during hours admins aren't on, save their name and screencap a few logs for posting on the thread.
I'm sure ckeys are tied with names in the AttackLogs and other shit, a simple Ctrl+F gives them the right key to ban and prevent the next time they aren't online to be the same shit fest.

Until people AHELP or start recording that shit, admins can't do much.

Too late now, but thanks for the advice.

Wait. Wasn't DerFlammenwerfer removed for being a terrible moderator?

As i have stated before. If an admin isn't online just save every log at round start. It's about 1mb Max and means we see everything you saw. All you need to do is email it to me explaining what happened. I crosscheck with server logs and bing bing bannnu.yet instead all people do it come here and post "I got murderboned this makes me sad" with no name or hell even a time and timezone so I can check even quicker.

So why do you faggots need to have a special snowflake codebase instead of just using TG or /vg/ or whatever

Because if constant botching about wanting codebases and things codebases have.

Plus our spaghetti code is best

Faggot, got a damn good question right here for you to answer.

Why'd you let Flammenwerfer back into your circle jerk after the shit he pulled?

So instead of people bitching about not having something from one of the other two codebases, it's a better idea for people to bitch about not having anything from any codebase introduced after the creation of the server?

Both were tried in the early days of nel's and both were tried when gitgud threw a fit and they were both hated for either being shit and lacking fun or for just plain being broken.

old /tg/ is way better in balance and plain fun than nu-TG and /vg/furfaggotry. You just either have shit taste or run on the same old fallacy of
Which is a retarded train of thought considering all the bugs that nu TG currently has, nevermind that it's only "optimized" for WINDOWS 10 of all things.

/vg/ doesn't have anything new, and it's optimized as fuck
It still doesn't have much interesting stuff, but the retarded meme races can be turned off in 5 seconds

Call me when pomf isn't restarting the server every 3 days because of that memory leak from their botched ZAS atmos.

I needed a filler for the american high pop rounds when I was sleeping.

I have placed him on a leash even checking all his work on the logs every so often.

Compactdiskus might either be becoming a gameadmin in the coming days as I have head Many good things from him from dopaper and other admins.

Wew I forgot this

Restarting the server every now and again is better than constant lag

Can we try to get the slime consoles and other xenobio shit from /tg/? It makes it so much easier and less tedious to do xenobio.

ahahahaha

It's not hard, I just find it tedious you fucking attention whore.

When will atmos simulation will be fast enough to make the TEG work?

Solars take absolutely forever to setup and barely generate enough power for the station assuming nobody's running a high-energy req autism project.
TEG is where it's at. More dangerous than solars, though, since you're making free bombmix for tators.

Don't worry, bro, gitgudsierra is there to fix this oversight :^) If cancermins "tell him" that a nigger is god, why wouldn't he suck a nigger's cock?

Oh boy. Reddit validhunters are here. Time to move over to the secret club.

I JUST MEMED A LING TO DEATH AS A MONKEY.

I THOUGHT I WAS ROBUST BUT THIS TAKES IT TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

When are the pubbies getting the purgy purgy?
Oh right, never, because going public was never a mistake t. """sierra"""

Yeah it sure was fun being a private server when shitgud station was dying :^)

SS13 was doomed to shit when it was made.
Is there anyone here who played SS13 back in the really old days? I want to find some footage from 2003-2009 to get an idea of what it was like

But post more

It's like picking whether you want to take cyanide pills or drink a nice tall glass of bleach.

Post more.
I'm Koriath
Also, most of the old guys who played since nel's still hangaround. Some just changed ckey.
Guess I'll play a few rounds with you guys later on. But only if you post the camile comics.

at which time do you usually play?

I don't have any of my own old ass screenshots from I think 2008, but there was a restored release of the old old codebase a while ago when what is now the derelict was the main station and there should be a good bit of new images around. There's also the possibility of hosting a local server of it yourself, the restored old release shouldn't be hard to find. As for actual recordings you'd be unlikely to find much from those days that isn't unregistered hypercam2.

I miss the janky old stations that were built with little thought of them being optimal or minimizing risk to the crew and went all out for style.

ded thread ded game?

The initial boost of attention we received after going public is starting to die down. A lot of our peak player counts are associated with the burgers getting off work.

The numbers are going down because nobody's playing while the pubshitters are on the loose.

Most are playing another game right now, i wouldn't be surprised if the serbia was empty.

Is that any different from normal

This game is fucking dying.

Would you get a xeno hard?

The Turks have won.

And I never went back again

still looking for lizardman janitor greentext

(imagine if the shitcurity officer inspecting you had become a scalerot carrier from defending the station against the lizardman threat all the time :3 )

WGW confirmed for being too much fun

Does anyone like to play Barotrauma one of these days?

spessman > semen

Remake when?

Nice meme but anyone who's ever played the game knows it has nothing to do with the code.

Nice meme but as someone who has played since nel01 server almost nothing original has been coded by 8ch anons and we have been playing the same meme serb code for fucking ever and its always led to the serb dying.

It's fucking time to move on.

I know you're just shitposting, because if you were back then, you'd know we tried using nu-TG AND /vg/, which are both complete shit compared to what we have right now.

So what's your point? Do you want to start another dramatrain for literally no reason because you hate the game? Or is there another underlying problem you have? Perhaps a conflict of our ideology in your interest of wanting to spread cancer codebases like goon or hippie?

You're just mongering for a non-issue, the mayority of the people aren't on because of something entirely unrelated to this.

Because it's a weekend :^)?

That previous post was half an hour ago, and i just got on.
Look outside your own asshole for once, we're playing another game right now. Once that dies down the pops will go back up.

halloween events going on in so many other games is my guess for the sudden server dead.
I know because 'im trying to balance my time between three of them right now

No need to get this defensive over a dead server during a sunday.

You'll write some cuck excuse like "its 2 late and wageslaves have 2 wake up early :("

Why is TG and /vg/ shit compared to what you have now?
What DO you have now? Because /vg/ has way more coders than you and /vg/ fucking sucks precisely because they don't have anything new either

Nice strawman, as expected of koriath.

He's butthurt because nobody wants his bug-ridden half-developed point-missing imba garbage """code""".

Here come the concentrated efforts to drop the server for no reason other than shitposting.

The code is not the server, and vice versa
And the server's already dead, considering the average of 4 concurrent players at any given time

the issue is more that when ever anyone comes to make something good for the server there's always no real interest outside of one or two people and then when you're half way done and trying to get more input there's alot of residence against you for every stupid reason under the sun

what if we had another server?

It would either be twice as dead, or make the current one look like shit in comparison

well if it's actually allowed coders, spriters and mappers to work on it then making the old server look like shit is a good thing

Have you never considered that the reason there's no support for your idea is because it's a shit idea and the reason there's shittons of resistance to the PR is because the implementation is even shitter?

no one bar from one other person was actually coming up with ideas as well, I don't know about you but I'm a fan of "lets try this and see how it works" instead of "lets do nothing and have nothing"

**If Sierra hasn't told you already you might find these commands useful:

git rebase

git reset HEAD~…**

Well.

Hilarious, are you attepting to port hatestation stuff like the new modular armor exoskeleton suits?

No, that's a screenshot from when we had MoMMIs spawning in the start screen. I wasn't even aware of the exoskeleton suits when I was on hatestation, actually.

They were added like a few days before the server died, they were pretty much lite-deathsquad armor with all of the disadvantages of being a slow stunnable target without 80% resistance to everything, and it was unremovable unless a special surgery operation was made on the guy to remove it. It could be made with level 6 combat (?) exo fabricators and high end materials like diamonds iirc and there were variants like specializing for certain kinds of damage.