HellMOO General: Admins Are Watching Edition

A MUD, or multi user dungeon, that is heavily based around 90s and early 2000s internet culture. MUDs are text only and trade all forms of graphics for greater detail by having everything in text form. Your interaction through the game is made up entirely of typed commands. This game most of the time has a sense of humor not seen in any other vidya and generally has themes that are all over the place.
Most notably it is has large amounts of PVP, interesting character development through mutations, astral projection and teleportation, a visitable heaven and hell, a dreamworld where you can play a text version of quake, portal guns, an aircraft pilot and boating system, plenty of ERP opportunities if you are into that kind of thing (kill yourself sexhave scum) and among other things.
Download a MUD Client: gammon.com.au/files/mushclient/mushclient503.exe
Connect to hellmoo.org on Port: 7777
Create an account with an email address at temp-mail.org/ (HellMOO SPF records are broken, requires a non-validating email service)
hell.slumberland.us/#account
Rush to the Museum and starting building your character: hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Character_Creation
This is where you're going to make your hard choices. Recommended reading…
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vayra/Character_Building_-_skillsets_and_starting_packages
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vayra/Vayra's_Elaborate_Scrub_Guide
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/User:Makoto/Brains_Whips_Scrub_Guide
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Uriel's_Guide_to_Hellmoo
Do contracts, jobs and XP journals. Contracts involve killing things and a great way to get money while you get XP. Jobs are repeatable tasks that give you money, XP and sometimes IP for certain skills. XP Journals are one time bonuses for doing certain things, such as killing certain mobs, going to certain places, and doing certain things.
An (incomplete) list of jobs: hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Jobs
That's cool, just fuck around until you figure out. It's recommended you start the game out murdering orphans and getting Agnes to pay you for the service.

BobBarker's MUSHclient Plugin Repo: pastebin.com/3yqnywjN
Bob Barker's MUSHclient Chat Redirector (VERY USEFUL): pastebin.com/mx63KigB
Maimai's /little/ black book: hell.moy.pink/blackbook.txt
The "Fuck Tenren" Craft List: pastebin.com/mDvNqBLe
Sobek's/Hakusam's HellMOO Shop List: pastebin.com/8PhXpZak
Sobek's/Hakusam's HellMOO Armor Craft List: pastebin.com/UyBUB3Zs
Sobek's/Hakusam's HellMOO Crafting Guide: pastebin.com/t0awsPUb
BONGHITZ's List of XP Journals: pastebin.com/NPQ5FQZW

[spoiler]
HellMOO General #1: archive.is/aWVMF
HellMOO General #2: archive.is/WDTb6
[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/HellMOO_memes
mega.nz/#!9FxhmQbS!kP1uxXGWPhhJJEBNtOCb-_b6o3sRjiUnbflAx2iRFQc
hayseed.net/MOO/manuals/ProgrammersManual.html
github.com/evennia/evennia/wiki/Building Quickstart
github.com/evennia/evennia/wiki/Static In Game Map
github.com/evennia/evennia/wiki/Dynamic In Game Map
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Current gestapo:
Kat - Town bicycle with new jetpack booster option
Bob - Grorius reader
Taft - Starscream The aquatic doc
Biff - The Batter
Tourtiere - A big fat bully

Current agenda: not leaving the game forever due to not being able to find something to do

Oh right and godmaster
"Wonderful goth-loli chainsaw-spear wielding maniac"

You mean the accident prone.

W E W

[REDACTED]

Mrpastry here

page someone in GONDO if you wanna get into a corp

I'll join in when I get a chance. Shit sounds fun.

Do it faggot. We have a good group so far. It makes me sad to see the conference room so full of those who stopped playing.

I'm gonna do another wave of firings for inactive players.

If anyone wants to rejoin the corp just page someone and you'll get rehired right away.

nice OC

Is this fun autism like ss13?

no, this is the type people go to hospital for

Halp I give birth to deformed babby.

I used to love ss13 and I'm loving this.

Just had my first PvP experience.

spew n run, well played

Shoot to kill. Good spew though. They in a corp? I had a fag hunt me down after I ran once.

spew. spew. spew. spew is the sneakiest, it is sneakier than anything. it is sneakier than jews, it is darker than we can comprehend. it is a veil of pure midnight directed from my mouth into your eyes at a billion miles a second.i spewed someone today and the smoke never cleared. he tried to headbutt me but before his brain could even send the impulse to the nerves in his body, telling him to lean his head back, i had spewed him twice and climbed down the stairs. sometimes i do it so quickly i don't even know it happened, i am just instantly surrounded by miles of darkness, vision obscured like a billion lightyears from any stars and hooligans stunned.i have tested this, i have tested it in my cum fort. it is hopeless. i send this message from the deepest shadows, spews have trapped me in a time and space i do not recognize. send help. spew at a belt light and it may end up near my cloud.

my sides

Board, making more OC

;_;7
you were a cool dude spyke

awwww what happened to Spyke?

Posted a one-sentence goodbye on the biz mailing list, presumably abyssed himself since he no longer shows up in who.

What said, I wonder why he did it. Everyone agrees that he was pretty cool.

He taught me how to fly before he left

;_;7

everyone leaves me in the end

rip

What something fun we can do in game.

define fun

Idk. All we been doing is sitting around and grinding or something. Lets have a misadventure.

I offered to have one with clive but he didn't want it so w/e

Well Ill ask when I get on. The most fun Ive had is when we fuck off to do something stupid, like fix that reactor.

You can set up a set of timers and triggers to fully automate your ERP generator for grinding Fuck. You can even add in scripting to check you various needs as it runs, monitoring whenever you get hungry, or need a drink, or get stressed (having sex reduces stress so you probably won't need that, unless you're a limp dicked loser who can't get it up), or even if you manage to break you dick, and then fixing it automatically. Eat all your food? You could even make it walk to the fridge and get some more! Oh wait, you found out your corpmates are a bunch of lazy assholes and didn't cook anything for you? You can even set it up to get the raw meat out of the fridge and cook it all yourself, and while doing so continue to monitor all of your needs and take action to correct them. That's when the stress monitoring becomes useful. Light yourself on fire because you're a fucking retard and don't know how to cook? You can even make it run to the fire extinguisher, or stop-drop-and-roll to put yourself out, and even do first aid to fix yourself up afterwards.

Then once all of that is done, buddy, you can finally start grinding Climb.

Might as well not play the game.

[ You feel your swim ability improving! ]
[ You earned 1 IP in swim! ]
[ Your raw swim skill is now 6.00! ]

Kill yourself tbh

Reported, enjoy your scramble.

Stop grinding, get XP and start murdering scrub corps.

we are a scrub corp

i.e., grind moar.

GRINDERRRR
LOOKING FOR MEAT
GRINDERRRRRRR

Progression has really slowed, but I think I'll hit 120k by the end of tonight.

Just as soon as I finish these reps I've let pile up ;__;

you can't learn japanese

just go to war with CLOWNS, they already want to fight us anyway

spyke joined clowns as pinkguy, dont be fooled

It's like an MMO, the end-game is PvP and corp dramz.

Compared to mainstream MMOs it features lots of unique features: air vehicles, sea vehicles that rely upon real-world GPS, "the internet", a radio network system that supports encryption, apartments with lots of functional furniture, spy gadgets, etc.

It's probably a bad comparison but it's like the Spacestation 13 of MMOs.

Don't forget that
>combat is fun once you get more shit to do than K enemy
>mutation and gym systems make sure that every character is uniqueunless you're using a cookie cutter build

Also, I wouldn't call it the ss13 of mmos but
If you enjoyed ss13, you'll probably enjoy this as well

False
False, only a handful are actually possible
True, but there's fuckall to explore
True, but only a couple are even worth using
False, since only a few builds are viable in the first place

I played this a few years back, been playing other stuff like Neocron but all it does is make me miss this game.
Never got that far but I still liked it, despite being terrible for Brains characters.

Gonna join up and make a Fists guy to reach Abomination one day, my one dream.
Is there an Holla Forums corp? Is a Brains\support\craft character needed? I like playing those roles too so that's probably gonna be my second character.

i think the Holla Forums corp is GONDO

You forgot to make it a zombie

So what's the grind "order" for a full combat char?
I know it starts with orphans, then crack mansion, then zombies somewhere or something. And at some point, contracts and heaps of them.
But after that, where to to find mobs that are at an appropriate level I can farm them?

I'm going full fists and dodge, picking the soak mutations before anything else and whatever gear I can put on my back.

There are a lot of mid-tier mobs you can grind, it largely depends on damage types and craft loot.

join GONDO to get more specific info, we also party up and kill higher-end mobs

orphans, crackheads, jobs/travel journals/kill journals

that will take you far enough to get 15 raw in your weapon and your weapon stats gymmed to 18 raw, at which point you are a functional member of an endgame party

ants

Planning to, already saw a few of you guys online but I joined ENEMA for now because I didn't want to be a liability.

But whatever, once I get back home from work, I'll contact one of you.
Name's Ligger, I'm a girl that likes to punch shit and dreams of becoming an Abomination one day.

I have a few other characters I'd like to do and the next in line is a Brains\Craft support one. If there's nothing similar in the corp yet, I'll make it a priority instead as Craft\Medicine is more important than punching shit.

currently doing all the jobs I can, following the wiki for that, travel journals and kill journals I'm sure will come with time.
Wouldn't I need Dodge at 15 too to be properly functional?

Also, I noticed that people are fined for the dumbest shit, like public fugging and cussing (which is hilarious because many NPCs still have swear words on their dialogue, especially when you fug them)
Is this that carebear server where some kind of karma system was in place that made nobody engage each other in PvP, afraid that people would jump on him because "he's a valid target now!"?
Or is this a goon server? That CLOWNS corp sounds like goonshit…

Can you be raped?

Yes, repeatdly. Just type "@allow sex everyone" after you're done the character gen.
Keep in mind that sex-havers, players that play the game only for the sex part of it, are made fun of and bullied a lot.
Which… Might be exatly what you want.

He already have a few brainy crafters. Unfortunately you aren't allowed to have more than one character in a single corp. Admins occasionally perform alt checks on players, and if they see you have more than one in a corp, they get pissy because "muh rp" and dumb shit like that. The logic behind it is that it'd lead to a sort of Ragnarok style situation where you have a pure-combat character and have all the brainy stuff and crafting done by a second character, so that the main character could have "all" the advantages of a crafter (craft only weapons, armor, supplies, etc) without needing to invest in the stats and skills required. Which makes some sense, I'll admit, but from what I've seen the biggest advantage crafting has is fucking tonnes of easy XP - which, if you had two characters, the main would never see a single point of.

Fines are unrelated to PvP, real crime, etc; it's just a little RP thing, pretty much. The main city is a bit distopian, "the man" is constantly watching you, sexual conduct or cursing are indecent and result in fines. As soon as you leave the main FC area (greenzones) you're away from the cameras, so you won't be fined.

Yes. It's a challenge system; if you attack a player, butcher their corpse, attempt to sexhave with them, etc, for a small period of time depending on what exactly you did, that player and anyone in their corp can attack you, pick any lock you're scanned into, butcher your corpse, etc with no consequences. The system is fucked, it's awful, it's full of bugs, and essentially makes it so that the PvP is mainly endgame top-10 300kXP+ players killing n-tags and

If you're going to duel people, yeah

But to be a functional member of a group you just need to be ace with your weapon, one of the other guys that has crazy good dodge/parry/soaks will be up front.

Yeah. This one has the challenge system.

Green Zones = Nobody can attack each other without challenges issued, but if one person issues a challenge the other can choose to attack them if they please. Attacking someone that has challenged you does not issue a challenge of your own, but it is still against the FCPD law, so you'll get wanted stars and K-9s will be dispatched, which is nothing, but it's good to be aware of.

Yellow Zones = Anybody can attack anyone else, but it will issue a challenge (unless you're attacking someone that has challenged you)

Red Zones = Anybody can attack anybody else, and it won't issue a challenge

Now, so far, you're probably thinking "ok, so it seems that the only negative consequence to issuing a challenge is that you open yourself up to getting attacked in a green zone…"

But there is another thing that challenges allow, and that's the ability to pick their locks.

If you challenge someone they can pick into your home, whether you're online or not.

THIS is the problem that most people have with the challenge system. It would actually be really easy to fix but the admins don't for some reason. I think they all envision someone doing a major overhaul to the system one day so don't think it's worth spending a couple minutes to make the game playable in the meantime.

Attacking another player issues a 12 hour (real life time) challenge to their entire corporation.

So, if you attack a corporation that has a picker, they will most likely wait until you log off, pick into your home, kill you while you're dozing, take all your shit from your corpse, take all your shit from your apartment, and the next time you log on you find yourself dead and completely cleaned out of everything except your credits, and anything you've put into Ray's Safe (2 locations, 10 items per location)

This is essentially the reason that the majority of the experienced playerbase clump together like chickenshits, instead of making rival corps, sparring with each other, enjoying the game, etc

Yes, but most people don't bother because mechanically it's more difficult, riskier, and less rewarding. Still funny as hell though, I love raping other players lol

Fuck. I need to proofread better. Bully away.

Sounds good then. Worth it for a laugh.

That alone makes it pretty hilarious.

Well, I'll join another Corp with the Brainy then or just be corpless and be up for hire to anyone else.
Hope the radiation won't be a problem, though…

Wasn't complaining, that's a genuinely funny thing. They never are a big deal and the 20 they take from "public sex-having" I get back from the Whore job anyway.
I dunno if NPCs eventually run out of money and the police goes after them (I've seen a few k9 going after generic NPCs) but it's still fun to be sucking some dude and he goes "Ah fuck, that feels good" and some nearby camera deducts 10$ from him because of that.

Yeah, I remenber that from a few threads back.
I don't particularly care much about PvP so whatever, but that's a retarded system. This dependancy on player conflict to keep higher tier players busy (so they don't spend their time harassing n-tags) as well as this "there's PvP but it's a fight over pretty much nothing of value" is dumb.

Instead of focusing on systems that actively punish you for PvP, I was expecting them to make the endgame be all about fighting over objectives on the map. Spots that give your crafters free resources to craft high end shit more easily but must be defended both from mobs and from other players.
Take the fight away from FC onto other places and make gear even more replaceable so you care less about dying and just fight over actual usefull things.

Rape is less rewarding? I figured it was the same or even better for you.

One thing I should add to this, since you're going abom and I just talked down the offline picking aspect of the challenge system pretty harshly…

Aboms can burrow on most outdoor non-city tiles, and burrowing is foolproof in regards to challenges – nobody can get into your burrow.

Well, by the time you've raped them you've already challenged them, so I guess you could kill them and take all their stuff too. I meant less rewarding because most people just want to k a target and scoop his gear/severed head/implants as fast as possible.

I guess I think of rape as less rewarding because the targets that I choose to rape instead of kill are the ones that aren't carrying anything that I want to steal

Yeah, I've read about it, sounds usefull but maybe not that much.
I'm going Focus too since I'm picking Hideous Freak anyway and Blink would just allow me to travel at will. The instagib will be hilarious considering I explode in acid on death, might try to telefrag on top of people.

I though you were talking about clearing the horny mood, not the loot\scav from them, in which case it's indeed less rewarding, but it's more.
However, you know what's even more fun? Scav their head, find them again and talk through their head as you rape them.

noice

ha

i like your style

I'm gonna pick SnakeSkin, Eelskin and Salamander just for that.
Too bad there's no tails in the game…

I seriously hope you're melee fam.
Also, if you really want to follow that theme you should get stench and bleeder as well Because that's how liggers end up

Already said I'm gonna go fists, for them claws.
The farthest Ive been was a ripperscrub but it was nice to come out of the clone vats already equipped to fight.
I remenber a contract with some ninjas that I could murder but they'd eventually get me with bleeding. Always finished the combat since I came out of the vats already tracking their ass.

Bleeder is funny and I'd like to have it for the theme but I dunno how usefull it would be. I'd already have frenzy from HF but splashing radioative acidic blood around sounds cool.

What skills should I tag if my main goal is to be an overall bruiser that punches things to death?

I want to be self sufficient

Med and repair
fists(duh)

fist, wrestle, and burn the other two on anything you like

medic, repair, it really doesn't matter, you'll probably never get any use out of those tags. Weapon 15, dodge 15, focus 15, wrestle 15 will take more xp than most players that have been playing for years have ever gotten on a character

Did I just made an enemy?
will I get murdered?

How would they know? I maybe oneday wanna roll Abom for fun but I dont wanna restart my character for it
Or is it only the same corp they care about?

It's having 2 in one corp they care about. You're allowed to have alts. Type "help alt" ingame to see the rules on alts. Basically, you're allowed three, they can't share an apartment, and you can't share a corp among any of them. They would know by checking what characters share your email address or IP.

Kinda gay but whatever.

WHO DID THIS!?

While alts aren't strictly verboten, they can see the characters that have been accessed from the same connection and such.

I think the admins just hate dealing with player shit. It's pvp that causes drama that in turn causes player shit for them to deal with, and the current system stifles pvp.

Blame the players then. Nothing wrong with PvP unless you take it too far and value winning over having fun. That's when you start doing all kinds of stupid unfun shit that just make the game worse for everyone.

Invite DanielHen to the corp

You're the idiot that had the brilliant idea of mentioning Holla Forums in chatnet.
What came over your head to make you think that was a good idea, why should anyone accept you after that and why didn't you ask in the thread instead?

Also, a general recommendation regarding DanielHen.
He is known in the SS13 server here in Holla Forums as the faggot that can't function properly with another human being nearby.
He was banned multiple times in a matter of minutes because all his interactions with other people revolve around "being a dick, but it's just for fun".
He has shown repeatdly that he's not very bright or cares about the others (which is why his first post in this thread was "how to be self-sufficient")
If anyone hires him to the Corp, he will start shit with anyone at anytime, including his own Corp mates. He will steal shit from the HQ because "he needs it" and sees nothing wrong with it, and considering the current chalenge system, expect lots of people breaking into the HQ because "they looked funny at me".

He is nothing but trouble for himself and anyone that actually tries to put up with his shit. Do not hire.

Hello Kyron, why did you tag torture and fuck?

This.

You don't know what Torture does in terms of gameplay, I did not tag it, and good job there mate, instead of denying any of that, you instead went for an ad hominem, further proving how shitty you are.

What did I miss?

Apparently it raises crit chance of melee weapons but not by that much. Used to be whips only, not anymore. Still seems more like a dump skill for late game or if you want to be super edgy with lighters or something.

you're the one shitting on the thread with unrelated drivel from a different game.
but since you're in the gondo group I rather join another corp since you'll just be asshurt like you usually do.

Mate, it's not about the game. It's about your behaviour. No one in the admin team could stand you and several players shared that sentiment. I don't think I ever saw anyone asking for you to go back except people that were somehow worse than you.
You were one of the fags that got a mile long Notes file on you, the only people that were worse than you in terms of moderation and behaviour were so terrible they are incapable of regular speech.

The current system in HellMOO makes it so very tiny mistakes fuck over whatever corp you join, I've found that out myself recently. I personnaly don't care about you, have fun playing the game, HellMOO defenitly seems right up your alley and something you'll maybe enjoy. But for the sake of the Holla Forums corp, they really shouldn't hire a retarded troublemaker like you, that's all.

Good luck to whatever corp that ends up hiring you. They'll need it.

Stop, settle this in-game like man, don't shit up the thread.

I'm game then. I'll set it up when get a chance. How dead is the game?

Yes

80 players at peak hours I think.

you did the same thing during ss13 and people were tired of your shit, but I digress my attempt of trying to end a discussion that isn't needed in a different general seems useless since you're famous for your spectacular (63) post on one single thread.

also It wasn't the shitters that destroyed your server, it was the moderation team

My bad, I'll can it. Already danced this dance before and didn't ended well. I'll keep to punching things.

Does anyone know if the Matrix has suffered any overall lately? I remenber that place to be pretty lack luster, with just the Wikipedia, a door somewhere and cash deposits that required insane amounts of hack to get because of some oldfag shit.

I kinda want to make a Branes mercenary (not join any corp, just sell my services) and since I'm going to grind with the Wikipedia (because fuck WPRO), I'd like to know if anyone knows anything else about it.

helo i haev sugesting
what if IP wasn't a "fuck you you're going to grind this one skill forever and you're going to like it" pursuit
and instead it was just sorta put into a pool that you can rapidly gym using /grind

see whenever you do shit you get ip, depending on if you're tagged in it or not you get it faster or whatever. instead of being immediately shunted into whatever you're doing how about making it pool. if you gain ip in a thing, unless you're /grind-ing it, it will just fuck off to the pool
and when you do /grind it, it immediately fucking pulls the ip into the skill the same as if you were using a speed bag or rowing machine.

then you can balance it out by making it so doing a single task for extended periods of time rewards less and less ip, with tagged skills dropping off slower than others.
that way players are encouraged to fucking stop being autists and go outside and get killed be productive

footnote: "learning" skills from players could cost only ip up to 6 raw "but oh no what about my specializations" fuck you asshole you and me both know that motherfuckers will minmax everything anyway.
p.s.: zombies should be more flammable. i've found lighting dead people on fire is easier than lighting living people on fire. sure they can keep the heat soak but fuck you if you don't already know that every combat minmaxer out there is either going to be a fucking zombie melee-user or vampire gun-user. abominations and freaks are absolutely fine and fun but you don't see them nowadays because "buuuuh duuuur being a zombie gives you more options for minmax" oh right and brainies will always stay humans.

p.s.s. i'm taft i won't log back in forever sorry take my special scalpels and you too can stab to the extreme

p.s.s.s.: besides wouldn't having more pooled-ip gain from doing something that you actually want your character to do satisfy the "muh specialization" argument
sage because

TAFT BORED

I think it's because it fucks over the XP idea currently, since you use it mostly to gain new ranks after farming. Instead of grinding skills, you grind XP and then learn skills from NPCs or players paying with it.

It actually would be an interesting idea to have Grind expending the required XP for an IP and give it immidiatly whenever you would an an IP for a skill.
That way, you still needed the right weapons to grind and fighting proper mobs as well as mass XP or you're not raising your skill at all.

Could help shorten the early game and make players shorten the powergap between them faster. It ain't like that's a very interesting part of the game anyway, where you spend your points and how you use your skills generally matters a lot more than how you gain them anyway.

or the exp cap could be cut in half.
So that there's less to spend for skills you want over 6.
and so that fucking power sheer-cliff is less steep for anyone who wants to actually go outside and have a challenge instead of either A: Immediately committing a fatality on someone or B: Having the enemy combatant teleport directly into their anus and expand it out across the entire universe

Eh. You'd still see people going Weapon+Dodge to 15 and the rest in Focus or whatever.
They'd relegate all the craft and other skills to other characters instead, making large corps composed by many autists even stronger.

Eitherway, unless anyone has the sourcecode around to host your own HellMOO, nothing of this is gonna change, as we can't code to it.
Or is HellMOO opensource?

The core is open source, so you probably could make your own.

that's the point
you ding-dong
I'd understand the fear of cutting back on character customization via a cut in exp; but 360k exp allows you to [as I understand it] at least max out 8 skills to 15 raw. Barring the weapon skills and SCIENCE which cost a fuckload more than other skills, 130k would allow you to get all your tags maxed at least. Additionally, gym IP would get cut in half wouldn't it? So nope, you won't be able to get 18 in brawn, reflex, and endurance. You'll have to settle for only max brawn and reflex.

right and mutation slots would be cut in half
that would actually be kind of terrible really

Trying to nerf those with high numbers is pointless, this is a rpg, this is how rpgs work. The higher numbers almost always wins except when rng fuckery happens

I guess you're right.
Though I'm kind of talking about the fact that RNG fuckery specifically does not happen to anyone at 300k+ exp. Anyone there is a god at that point, only to do battle with other gods.

Too bad the source is the easy part, the massive amount of content, items, areas and mechanics that were added afterwards are what takes time to do…

Can't argue with those trips
Mutation slots can be given with lesser XP, so you can still have more slots, but simply cutting on the farm so the powergap is reduced to a few days anyway would probably be enough.

Also this, how high you can go ain't the problem. How long and boring it takes to get there is.

Imo what they need to do is make weaknesses to full builds more crippling, perhaps by giving muts more disavantages, this would help the close the gap.
A 50k xp player would stand a chance against a 100k if his build had specific advantages over the other, but the hard part would be making it specific enough and not just "take mut X/wear cloth X to beat build X"

Make focus a stat and you fix the game. The difference between 100k and 200k is xping focus.

Oh God, not this again

"make focus a stat" is the idea that caused the last pwipe

Taft fuk u cum bak.

Apso whats with armor progression in this game. It seems super linear, at least to me right now. It was explained to me that you choose between soaking and dodging. Also where the fuck do I find the rest of the amordillo plate, studded plate set?

If you wear studded armordillo before you're big enough to protect it someone will kill you just to take it

If you're not a dodgy character you can wear tire armor right up until endgame

and if you ARE a dodgy character then light soaks that preserve your ability to dodge will work right up until endgame

Man, tire is so clunky. Guess I have to practice dodge. Any hints on where to find the recipes?

tire armor is improvised iirc

I'm not sure how people get the list of necessary components for improvised items… just ask chatnet i guess?

I think it requires 6 tires, 2 spools of wire, cargo pants and a t-shirt… and maybe some other shit too?

and is best put together by a crafter with high scav and high brawn

Check the messages on the corp log, bob has dropped some pastebins which have the recipes.

Then why is it still a skill? Like I said, the only difference between a 200k and 100k player is one having a trained focus skill and 2~ gym ip. Making people create builds around focus removes that. "Muh pwipe" isn't an argument. Some autists had a few million in cash and 150k xp by the end of the first week.

This. When you're still weak, even at 6 in all your combat skills, wearing higher-end armor and wielding good weapons will only make you a target. Outside of a few people (like our good friends at JUNK), who's going to waste their time killing some random 50k fag with leather and a 9mm? Now, that same random 50k fag with two Hammerheads? Or a Viper? Or Leech and/or Plasteel? Hell yeah, free gear.

everyone bully Jimothy

gotta ask that you stop your bullying

Do you feel in charge?

I want bad memes to leave :^)

So this just happened

I keep autistically changing it, now with more facial expression.

Oh shit I didn't know you fags were playing. I only play this on and off every few months though.

The resemblance is uncanny.
:(

Ask Tourtierre about him :^)

hi its odb :^)

Now I want to know too since he came to talk with me as well. Asked me to touch his bunny ears.

Dunno why he made what's essentially an effeminate bitchboy and yet went with Muscles and Fuck Machine.
Gayest proto-Abomination ever, but he at least seemed like a nice person…

Seems polite. Go back to his place and steal his virginity and items, not necessarily in that order.

Oh this is the game where you rape and murder orphans for fun and pleasure right?

No this is the game where you rape and murder orphans because you're addicted to that sweet xp
ye, post your username here if you want an invite

POOR LITTLE WHITE FISHMAN

Take note, this is how you repel erp

Ignore that stuff after "you tryin to be my trainer" it's bad editing of my part

smdhf, smdh

We're in business fam.

Time for another closet party

You're incredibly autistic, something tells me you're not ethnically european, you know, not white.

I'm having trouble choosing my next mutation. I considered salamander but I have hooligan so that kinda moot.
I thought about fibrocartilage because of the tasty health and old age doesnt scare me. The there is Iron liver for the endurance +1 buff and booze healing, but reduces nantites.
Lastly there is hyper immune for the whopping +2 endurance and disease shrugging, but it shits hard on nanites.

Pls guide me.

can't go wrong with fibrocartilage

can't go wrong with fibrocartilage

JUNKs apartment got raided :^)

Hyperimmune got nerfed. No endurance buff because that's the only thing anyone ever took it for.

I believe you're thinking of superclot

lol whoops you're right. Hyperimmune still gives +2 end.

The blind leading the blind.

feel free to contribute

Flaunting knowledge you are not interested in sharing (or prove you know) has got to be the most pathetic thing anyone can do.
Anyone can pretend to be wiser than the majority, it's actually proving it that earns you respect.
And even then, if you're gonna be a shut book to everyone else, might as well treat you like kindling.

Another thread, another kikepost highlighted by glorious Hitler dubs.

I got better things to do than baby sit scrubs from GONDO.

It's just amusing to see the type of advice given out around here as if it's factual.

Pure distilled essence of "Protip".

I understand that reference
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/HellMOO_memes

Just created my first character.

god help me

>god help me
Too late for that, mister.

Tell us our name fam

MeatBawl

this post made me sure I'm gonna pick spew next

a lot of us are migrating to InfernoMOO instead.

For those unaware, infernoMOO was a derivative version of hellmoo that has classic PVP rules (i.e no carebear bullshit) and a much needed streamlining and removal of bullshit, as well as significant fixes and new content.

It imploded for a time because of two particularly cancerous individuals, but the cancer has been removed, and the moo is alive and healthy again.

Why play Inferno over Hell? Inferno is largely made by players for players. This means admins doing the work behind the curtain are actually knowledgeable about the game and motivated to fix the game, as opposed to hellmoo admins who are frequently not only inexperienced but also hostile to players and completely unmotivated to make real changes.

the open pvp system may be daunting at first, but ironically Inferno is actually much friendlier to new players, including tutorial sections and starter gear packages.

The streamlined systems make things better for new and experienced players alike. For new players, losing progress isn't as devastating, and for experienced players, there isnt as much tedious bullshit to sift through allowing you to experiment more freely.

Inferno is both a revival of the classic hellmoo experience, but also a much needed update and expansion.

inferno.optiquest.org

port 7777

The fuck is this? When was this decided?

Though I do support the decision.

This is bullshit.

its the smart move. Rot is going to set in for hellmoo soon, they've made the game too safe which even for the biggest crybabies, will lead to boredom as a result of complete safety and stale interactions.

Take a look at the current state of affairs: CHILL is an idlecorp. CLOWNS is bloated and will become an idlecorp. F13 is a carebear corp full of former killers so it has already become idle/dont even log on corp. JUNK lol do i even have to say anything?. GONDO has enough new blood that its easy to maneuver, MEME is idlecorp leadership and lost newbie sheeps without a shepherd. USSR is just the remnants of a fractured literal sexhave corp.

no one agrred to this

Ants are go. The big dawgz are tested and vetted, with over 20 confirmed ant kills.

If "we" moved to infernomoo, then what's the inferno guild? Where are the people? Why are there 4 people online moo-wide right now?

whose "we" you fucking faggots? I dont really give a shit what your little group does, i wasnt asking for a consensus. A lot of hellmoo players are going to go back to inferno now that the cancer is gone, that is it.

Then fuck off

I'm sorry i made the mistake of treating it as a general hellmoo thread, not a thread "belonging" to one little clique of faggots

ill be seeing you soon

Try reading the OP/Thread next time then, retard.

Holy shit my sides! This is what happens when pubniggers are allowed to join!

I'll just check them myself then.

I had checked it mentally fam

I'd rather play on a carebear server than a server with no one. I'd also rather play the version of the game that gets new updates by the developers of the actual game.

First I've heard of this, speak for yourself.

WWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I fucking knew someone was gonna say that. Look, there are changelogs, things to do happen.

I highly doubt that anything happens on InfernoMOO if no one is even playing it. What's to balance if no one interacts?

You knew it because you realize it's true. The game doesn't change in any overt ways. Any changes are minor, and usually bug-fixes to whatever stupid shit the faggot mods have introduced.

you will be playing on a server with no one. I already explained how.

LMFAO. There have been more significant changes in inferno that have taken place in a matter of days and weeks than have ever been done in hellmoo for years.

It took necan over 4 years to get around to fixing a long standing and very profitable exploit. Thats just a bug and it was a very simple one. Major changes to game mechanics or new content? Forget about it, they don't care, too much work and not that interested to begin with.

theres approx 40 players in my corp. about 32 of them i would consider active. Connect the dots big boy.

Quite literally if CLOWNS alone switches over - and i have no intention of running corp this large ever again - inferno will have more active players than hellmoo does.

Shalom goyim

I don't really have a horse in this race, but last I checked Inferno's development was more active.

To be fair, I last checked probably a year ago.

I'd bet money on this not happening

bye.

This would be an easy thing to prove though and I honestly don't know why neither of the fags has done it.
Just post the last entries in their changelog. Compare dates and features.
You can even restrict to "changes in the last 6 months" and see how much has each version changed.

Please, do remenber that "carebear" isn't a binary feature but one that comes with it's own spectrum :^)
Some players hate all of it, others like all of it and some apreciate only some of those features.
I'm sure there are a fair chunk of players that like having neutral zones to meet other corps, areas where they can idle and chat without much of a worry and the idea of "faster grind in red zones".
Then there are also those that don't enjoy much unrestricted PvP. Not saying that's the right way to play but rather that those players are not gonna jump ship because of that.

I mean, in your very own post you state that "Inferno is actually much friendlier to new players" but the only thing you mention are tutorial sections (that really don't matter for the actual game) and "starter gear packages" that don't matter with open PvP since you're gonna lose them fast anyway.
Lack of information, especially starting up never was a problem in HellMOO and shit gear to start the game is piss easy to get. AM, PR and EO are near each other, get a weapon, get some armor, cocoon and canteen and you're off to a neat start.

I dunno if it's InfernoMOO that did this but I do remenber an iteration where the Grind command gave you 100% chance to get an IP at the relevant skill when using it right (enemy that gives XP, weapon of your level), consuming XP automatically.
That alone cut the grind a lot and helped the game feel less like a chore.
If it's InfernoMOO that did that, you should shill for it starting with that since even the no-PvP noobs would apreciate that feature more.

However, you started your post with an appeal to majority, so get fucked I guess?

it would require people actually playing InfernoMOO :^)

It is though. Many of us here have been playing muds in one way or another for quite a long time so you've probably forgotten, but it's quite daunting to the nig fresh off the boat. We've had a few of those types in GONDO, and they didn't know what the fuck they were doing for days, even with more experienced people basically spelling it out for them. Without a support network with vetted faggots in it, the entire experience becomes quite daunting. Hatemoo is terrible at easing these sorts into things. The Inferno tutorial is actually quite the draw then.

That said, it might be a bit too handhold-y, but if you know what you're doing it's done and over with within 2 minutes. Not annoying for experienced people, but a godsend for babbies first MUD.

I don't know about 100%, but this is essentially how it works over there. IP gain seems to have no, or very little cooldown, and you can grind past 6 raw. However the ratio of xp spent to IP earned is not 1:1, so it's up to you to decide whether or not it's worth using this.

All said and done though after playing for some hours, I think odb's right. Paradoxically, the game actually is more newbie friendly, despite open PVP. Even outside of the tutorial and the free starter shit/skills, the atmosphere is more friendly and relaxed. I attribute this mainly to a rather fresh start, with no pre-established cliques, allowing people to take things at their leisure.

And the biggest draw of all is that the admins/mods aren't retarded faggots, and are actually working to improve and balance the game. Chuds get +3 senses in the darkness. WOW!

Who the hell cares, if a newb dropped the game because "it's too hard abloo abloo abloo" then he wasn't going to go very far anyways, hellmoo is my first MUD and I've been doing pretty well.

Maybe more people would switch if there was a way of transfering your character over or something, losing hundreds of hours is not appealing to anyone.
Or even better, if it was open source and anyone could look at the code and make pull requests for neat stuff.
THIS SHIT SHOULD BE A FUCKING CRIME

Not me, but it is one of the positives of the game. On an objective basis, having absolutely nothing in place to ease people completely new to the game/genre into it is bad. Hellmoo is bad for that. Inferno isn't.

Neither is playing a boring and shitty game. Losing your invested character surely sucks, but it's probably worth it since Inferno is pretty much better.

If hellmoo is being boring to you then this discussion is moot, just drop it and go play something else.
I'll believe it once I see an objetive changelog from this year

Rather, I'd say that if you're going to constantly shit on a game you've never played, while refusing to even contemplate trying it under the flimsiest of excuses, then that is when the discussion is moot. Either play the game and try it before crying up a storm, or stop demanding impossible evidence to convince you to do so after simple word of mouth has failed.

Inferno is the better game, for a wide variety of reason. Some sort of stockholm syndrome on your part won't magically make that untrue.

Nah fuck off nigger, if you're gonna shill for something at least do it right.

Play the game before making up your mind, or shut the fuck up.

I never said that infernomoo was shit, nice going faggot.
If asking for a simple changelog is such an affront to you, I'm not very convinced of the supposed infernomoo "improvements"(which you haven't listed a single one until now)

Are you ok?

And I never shilled for the game and yet here we both are, straw-manning and exaggerating each others characters.

Ignoring that I talked about 'improvements' such as the tutorial, the different grinding system, and the vastly superior mods; I find it utterly comical that you'd accuse me of shilling, but then bitch about me not shilling the game enough to you.

Did you want me to read off a list of each individual difference, no matter how minute? Fuck off.

No. It isn't. Having gone recently through it, every move you make in your first hour is through areas that prompt you with all kinds of information, from commands to how combat works and even how to describe yourself.
HateMOO throws a fuckload of information in the beginning that you're free to skip if you already know it or are a moron.

Even after you are done grinding orphans, the game already taught you how to talk with NPCs when you interact with Agnes and there's AP right outside (hints that tell you to go there) and Ratzo for a lot of jobs. Many of the streets in FC also prompt you with a lot of information regarding how to interact with citizens, where to get jobs and even teachers as well as basic crafting.
And this is just information the game literally shoves in your face by walking around, not counting the Help command.

I honestly don't know what InfernoMOO does differently for it's tutorial that warrants you bringing it up like it's an important point, but please keep in mind that "lack of information" is only a problem when it's not acessible or placed on sensible and expected places. There's no "lack of information" just because someone is too dumb to read shit, because he's too dumb to use App before trying to kill something or plain simple use chatnet.

Why?
Why doesn't anybody know how to argue at all and think they can just make claims and hope everyone follows along just because you're promising an alternative that LOOKs more atractive to them?

How would open PvP be more friendly to new players when that means there are more places where people can fuck with them?
Why would it be more friendly to new players having PvP playing a major role in their game when they are not knowledgable enough yet to actually compete, even with players that have the same XP they have?

Initial equipment is piss easy to get and to lose. It's not a point in favour of either server. Same goes for skills.
Is the benefit of your server just welfare for newbies? Because welfare brings people in but doesn't keep them for long…

So what you are saying is that p-wipes solve problems, or that it's a matter of time until it gets enough players to warrant a clique from joining? Because different codebases and different admins do not change the presence of those things or not. If a group of 15 people all decide to play together, they will do so and there's nothing you can do about it short of banning them.

You do know every admin says this about themselves and their team, right? That it's not a valid point for anyone defending a server, right?

This, to be honest.
If you fags are gonna host your own server and especially if you're gonna tout this "by the players for the players", then have that shit open source so others can contribute with pull requests.
I'd love to make something with the Matrix section for instance, that place is barebones as fuck.

At no point in this thread has anyone claimed there isn't a changelog for either of the servers.
At no point in the thread did anyone said he wouldn't make an honest comparison between both changelogs to make an informed decision.

The fact that you're being so defensive about providing a simple thing from the game you supposely like and defend as the best just makes it look suspicious and doesn't inspire much trust.
If InfernoMOO is indeed the superior choice like you claim it to be, posting a changelog and highlighting everything it does new and better would be simple enough and settle any discussion.

The only reason you could possibly have for refusing to do so (and kinda explains the lack of source code) is because the game really isn't that much better, you know it and you don't want people to compare both and reach that conclusion.
No one is gonna join up just to read the changelog unless they are that autistic I'll do it later if you keep this up
Sounds a lot like you just want a few players to join up, see the free shit they start with and stick around without asking too many questions, but that just makes you sound like Nexon.

That's what this sort of forum is supposed to act against and stop, dumb-dumb. If you're really aiming to funnel us into infernomoo, why don't you log into your GONDO character and tell everyone what to do? :^)

Then don't speak of things you have no knowledge of.

Why?
Why doesn't anybody on this planet understand how to read? Am I simply cursed to be surrounded by retards? Please, go pick up a Hooked on Phonics book and begin anew. Then, after a few years of hard study, you'll be able to understand my supporting clause for this claim. It shouldn't be hard to comprehend considering they were literally the next sentences, and in fact the entire paragraph was about it.

It is. Not only am I not an admin, but the admins implement gameplay balance and new area/mechanics. A server populated with faggot admins can only implement faggot shit, and terrible gameplay changes. You will observe this in Hellmoo.

Defensive? Ludicrous. About as ludicrous as you fucking idiots pretending there actually is such a thing and demanding it of me.

Defensive wasn't the word you're going for. It was incredulous and annoyed. Both at having to actually respond to such an idiotic argument, and that he brought it up in the first place. Any retard playing Hellmoo or one of its derivatives knows there is no such fucking thing as a readily available changelog, such as he requested. There definitely isn't one comparing and contrasting all the many and varied changes.

You know this. Which is why you said you'd have to "join up" to read it, bit by bit by bit, instead of having it in a more accessible option, readily prepared to be posted and disseminated on an imageboard.

have you stopped to consider that the differences are so significant that its hard to just give you a comparative and "simple" changelog?

For starters, theres no job cooldown, and theres no shop hours. 2 of the most tedious early game features fixed right there.

As for IP grinding, you can do it, its very fast, but theres no advantage to grinding over buying levels anymore.

Mutations are on a point based system now, instead of slot, some muts are more expensive than others.

You keep all journal XP on reroll. this was done to make rerolling more viable for someone to experiment with builds, rather than being in the hole and realizing the build is shit and now having to suffer early game tedium all over again.

No gay challenge system, no "zones". Its the same rules as original pre-split hell.

New areas, new weapons, re-vamped armor system, new mutations, etc.

theres a LOT of changes

Calm down, its not some hoodwink, the game really is quite a bit different, and significantly improved over hell IMO.

Its an anonymous board and the OP mentioned nothing about this being a secret clubhaus for GONDO. I already explained my mistake

considering how autistically hostile and incensed you all became to the suggestion of moving to infernomoo, I'm no longer "aiming" to do anything of the kind. GONDO is about 5 people, i dont really give a shit if you all stay on hellmoo.

When i said "us" i was referring to my corp which is a significant chunk of the hellmoo playerbase.

If you want to come try inferno, fantastic. If not, fine, but this really shouldnt have caused this much drama. I thought it was clear when i was told to fuck off, but i checked back and find its started some huge argument, fucking lol

Learn how to fucking type you reddit mongoloid.

Is that you Inferno?

For what it's worth, I've been playing HellMOO for 2 years, and I like it, but I might give Inferno another try. The only times that I have logged on and checked Inferno out the pbase looked too small for me to want to invest in it.

But HellMOO does have a lot of dynamics that cause it to stagnate, and some pretty cancerous admins, so if Inferno starts getting numbers I could see it being the better game.

If your corp is making the switch, why haven't you left yet, some of the differences you mentioned do sound really appealing.

we doubled the playerbase overnight. Still could do with a lot more, so I'm going to start advertising it again.

FWIW inferno was in the dumps for ages because of one particularly cancerous individual who was non-stop fucking with players out of spite.

But he is gone now and he will not be allowed to return, so its free to have a revival now, and hellmoo is becoming stagnant.

We're missing a special retard though, a benaron type character. Someone tell kelli if you see her online :)

We have. At least 15 of us switched over already. We still log into the other moo to tell guys who have been offline.

I'd agree with you, if the fact CLOWNS holds at least more than half of the current 150k+ exp playerbase, disallowing anyone from trying to claim territory without people like FLAKT and Osiris removing their anuses.
If you go, the balance of power shifts. Things become interesting again.

Yeah, 2 is double of 1.

I'm not claiming it's better or worse than the current game, though. You're the one making the claim, you're the only one that has to have the knowledge AND share it.
Nobody else knows that it's better or worse either and it's gonna stay like that until you share that knowledge.

You're not from around here, are you?

Neither am I, so what? Trying to prove a negative or using it as some kind of argument just makes you look stupid.
And yet you don't mention or list any. You understand why people are making fun of you, yes?

No thanks, zealot-sama.

There's an ideas and bugs maillist that you can read at will. It's numbered and replied too as well, so you can pull the latest 20 or 30 and list them here to show what has been done lately and how have the admins answered it.
Any HellMOO player knows about those lists and knows how to use them. What about you?

Is it really that hard to go to Ideas or Bugs list and post the latest 10 or 20?
Just do it for both games and compare them, including the comments and state of them for a good comparison.

Job Cooldown is meh, kinda makes it so you'll just grind every job much faster but it's not like I'd miss it.
Shop hours kinda ruins a bit of immersion with the NPCs routines, but it's more convient.

The other user said that grinding for IP wasn't as cost.effective in terms of experience which means one of you is wrong.
So how exactly does that even work?

Mutations with a point based system is interesting but that makes the wiki useless for planning builds. Is there a list somewhere with the cost of each?

See, if you fag lords actually bothered to set up a github or gitgud repo for the code, anyone could go there and see the pull requests, compare the differences and even make a nice wiki with all the information.
Why do you fags make an half assed attempt at creating an alternative server and then fuck up the basic infrastructure?

Come on, fag. You know how MMOs are. You spend a lot of time growing a character, you're never happy learning that you're gonna have to ditch it behind.
I'm sure that if a p-wipe was announced in a month, everyone would play till then and afterwards switch if Inferno really is that good.

You should have said what your corp is then. There's no I, you or us in a chan, unless you can prove it. There's that faggot and those fags and these nerds.
Had you said "XYZ corp is gonna move to Inferno", nobody would give you as much flak or care much until you proved you were in a position of power withing XYZ to make that decision.

And if you don't want to say what's your corp or why that even matters, then it never was a relevant or interesting point to bring up to discussion.

What causes drama is that nobody knows if you're from some random Corp or the leader of GONDO and that changes everything. You either make that clear or you don't make it at all.

Come on
think of all 'dose cameras
all 'dose poiple

Except the ones who have played both, such as myself, and can definitively say one way or the other. Kind of like I did, huh?

Do you want a fucking signed notary from experts in the field or something? I won't even bother responding to your pathetically disgusting attitude of refusing to try something for yourself while still passing judgement beyond telling you to go kill yourself.

I do, which is why the rest of that paragraph was there, and also why I know that pulling up that amazing changelog of "resolved basement zombie hatch bug" isn't going to persuade or sway a single damn person here or anywhere for one game or the other. I'll apologize for your severe autism if you're genuine in such a request, though.

Rather, I'm near certain that 99% of people only want the major gamechanging tweaks to compare and contrast. Such a comparison is not readily available and hence why it's ridiculous to hound after them.

I dont know why you think this is germane, because A) hellmoo doesnt have open source and B) the wiki has historically been fucking shit and only somewhat recently became a decent source of information - a lot of it plagiarized from an old private goon wiki i might add, which was not the product of data mining but the product of players actually playing the game to learn the game. Strange concept i know.

Fair play, the documentation for inferno right now is not great, there is a wiki but it is shit.

What inferno does have, is significantly improved help files in game. Comparatively, the help files in hellmoo are not very extensive and many of them still contain outdated info.

Anyone can say one way or another, actually.
It's the people that played both that can prove what they say instead.
But until you do so, this is just a "X is shit. Nuh-uh, it's good. Nuh-uh it's shit. Nuh-ih, it's good"
The other fag at least bothered to state the differences with the jobs, mutations and the like. Why can't you be less homo and do the same?

This conversation gets dumber by the post.

???

Yeah. It doesn't. And yet InfernoMOO exists, with some other user claiming it's with stolen code.
What's preventing the admins there from hosting it in a repo?

haha yeah fuck you…. reddit!
haha go back to reddit with your spaces haha :—)
fuck you… nigger! haha eat it we hate you haha
your black and probably from reddit haha get out go away haha…
we dont need to read your post to see… reddit spacing! :—) haha
… faggot! haha
kill yourself… shill! haha
namefag! haha… inferno moo is shit… haha! its for babies! haha!
we love to grind! go away with that! who even knows what zones are haha.. dont you like a challenge you casual scum?… haha! reddit plebs cant take a challenge!
who cares about weapons and armor haha i got the same stuff everyone from Holla Forums has so im the best!! haha.. nobody needs to experiment with builds cause we already got the best builds haha! why do things on your own when you can copy other people? haha!
go back… to reddit! haha.. eat shit die! :–) you cancer.

I won't apologize for not literally listing all that I've said in a easily digestible bullet-pointed format.

But it's okay. Now's the time for you to show your stuff. You'll have to use what you've gained from having read the first couple of pages of Hooked on Phonics to find the pertinent information contained within.

I'd say I believe in you, but I detest lying.

Inevitable tbh fam. It was a stupid request, and so all discussion garnered thereof was bound to be the same. Pic related is a given sample of that incredibly pertinent information you tards were asking for though.

Before you've even read it, I can tell you're now that much closer to playing Inferno, right? Just tell me if you want more and I'll hit you up!

Well if you can manage to get a large amount of players there, I would consider joing.

The player count won't get larger until you play.

but who plays videogams haha! faggots… niggers! go away… shill :—)

(checked)
Inspired shitposting. I give it a solid 8/10, no joke.

Perhaps incorporate an image to elevate it to the next level?

it went from 11 peak to 34 peak in one day. Give it a go.

You even got doubles, wew.
Maybe replace some of those haha with XD and put a few "le" as well. Otherwise, solid 77/100.

Please do point out where in this thread you listed any of the changes that user posted.
Or where you posted anything but "InfernoMOO is good because yes, m'kay?"

Funny.

At least in that we agree. Asking people to switch server for the sole reason that you personnaly believe it to be better? Preposterous.
Why would anyone need to convince anyone else with anything at all? We all know InfernoMOO is more newb friendly because you said so, afterall. And nobody online lies. Ever.

Just remenber, it's not about getting people to come, it's about having them prefer to stay.

infernomoo is good trust me
changelog? no stop being ludicrous
TRUST ME
LISTEN AND BLIEVE

but they'll
PATCH IT
i don't want to be
ALONE

I would probably prefer Inferno on merit of better character generation and not losing all XP when rerolling, if I decided to get back into this at all

this thread is turning into gold, please continue.

here's some gold for you, the infernomoo source + database:

mega.nz/#!9FxhmQbS!kP1uxXGWPhhJJEBNtOCb-_b6o3sRjiUnbflAx2iRFQc

8MOO when?

It better not be dolphin porn.
FUCKING NOICE
I'll try to peek around it later, this leak is from 2015 July apparently but either way it's great, nice find user.

smh gondo sellin itself to the highest bidder

Unfortunately probably never, from what I've observed autism games can pull 30 players max after an year or so on Holla Forums, and even then that's just at peak times.

Damn son, where'd you get that?
No, seriously. That ought to be a funny story

autism games on Holla Forums usually tend to be much more comfy feeling though, since everyone tries to get along and have fun together.
It's weird when you compare them to other servers and I honestly dunno how it would work out with HellMOO, but even then…

I mean, if we get this open source with an actual repo, I'm sure a few coder fags will have fun coding for it.

repos are only doable for the actual serverside C source (core) which is rarely edited, the rest is compiled on the fly ingame as MOO code, though odds are you could actually program some form of subversion control system for it if you have enough spergs, since right now the only data stored on a verb edit is the edit date + who edited it, not what the previous contents were

if you actually want to try that out, check the builtin file i/o functions

Grats for posting it before I did. Death to Alastor :^)

That contains a good portion of the old HellMOO characters/accounts/emails/ips too. (Oct 2007 - Dec 2010)
pause for investimagation
The rip from HellMOO seems to have taken place after 19 December 2010 as there's a large break in character creation at that point until 27 June 2012 - which might be when hell.db got painstakingly F2'd to inferno.db by some leet MUD wizard.

People got banned from infernomoo due to guys coming back while getting cocoon camped and getting murdered for obvious reasons. The wizard are really good at policing the game.

Sounds like carebear shit to me. And what's worse, carebear shit on the whim of a wizard. At least when there's a system in place to protect the weak, the rules are clear and everyone is on the same page. I don't want my shit pushed in one day on a full PVP server because some wizard was having a bad time IRL or what the fuck ever and decided full PVP was only full PVP when it didn't involve a load of upset people harrassing him.

Inferno seems to attract a lot of baby-dicks looking for power. Even those coming here now are meta gaming i.e playing clique drama and D&C/FUD shit outside of the confines of the game at hand. Real attractive. Sign me up for more of that immediately.

I'd tell you to go play your better game, but I know the game you turds like playing most is other people and your better game doesn't have them, does it?

Just fucking around…

Though I am interested in getting some builders to set loose on it.

Well, now I'm stumped since I don't have any Linux machine lying around (yet).
I remenber some LambaMOO client that ran on windows before and even managed to run an example database, but this one wasn't available back then.
Now, the best I can find is WinMOO but that one complains about "Unknown DB version number: 5"
I guess it's time I stop procrastinating and actually get that Linux partition installed.

You'll notice that a lot of people asking for "full PvP", and this goes for just about any game, are usually the ones that just want to be dicks at anytime to anyone for their own amusement, usually without any repercussions if they can help it. They'll often play in a way that makes very little sense from a gameplay standpoint (they'll do things that don't actually net any reward at all like camping newbies or newly spawn people) and care very little about being good sports.
The best way to sum it up is that they are people that have fun in spite of the other players instead of with the other players.

Usually, the games\servers that feature or pander to such a community never last long. Everyone else eventually gets tired of handling manchildren, (even if they can kick this shit in, it gets stale fast) and when they only have other shit players like them around, they get tired of each other and move on to another game\server.

Likely related to BerkeleyDB dependency issue, maybe expecting version 4.

If you wanna be a builder on my thing that's cool too.

If by builders you mean people who build shit, what skills do you need to function as one?

If you're planning on running this db don't use builders, they're deprecated and more or less a relic from LambdaMOO which it came from, you're better off giving people a progbit because most verbs assume staff members have one (@programmer #obj), then look into adding children of #74 as features with @addfeature to expand on available admin verbs. You can list which verbs are available using @verbs on the feature object. For actual programming, read the LambdaMOO programmer manual:
hayseed.net/MOO/manuals/ProgrammersManual.html

Worldbuilders, see: github.com/evennia/evennia/wiki/Building Quickstart

I'm trying to figure out how much of the work can be done in-game, and how much work needs to be done in actual python scripting.

Get in touch with GONDO if you want access to the server, if you're in GONDO just ask in corp.

Talking about Evennia, in concerns to builders

Seems if we want an ingame map (fuck yeah) the world needs to be built like these examples.
Static: github.com/evennia/evennia/wiki/Static In Game Map
Dynamic (personally preferred): github.com/evennia/evennia/wiki/Dynamic In Game Map

How do you feel about Wuxia?

You mean making the game themed like that?

I'm interested in whatever people want to build, this project would be no fun for me to do alone. That said, not really. I'd prefer a loose sci-fi/cyberpunk setting. Taking inspiration from HellMOO I wouldn't mind trying to inject humor using what you might loosely consider "8ch culture" or whatever.

Right now im trying to implement a basic dynamic map, I got one other person joined up and I'll grant them builder perms as soon as I figure it out.

I plan for this to be all open-source (MIT?), but right now we're just experimenting with Evennia and it'd be getting ahead of ourselves to open up a github/gitlab/gitgud.

I implemented dynamic maps

Some real cyberpunk shit would be cash. Like all those shadowrun MUDs but with actually working runs and a world that's not completely dead.

Gunna dick around in infernomoo, let you fags know what its like

[ AUTISM INTENSIFIES ]

any requests for recipes/crafting/science?

do any MUDs simulate atmosphere like SS13?

which is it, one kind of negates the other.

people were banned from inferno for A) abusing rules that have always been in place since the halcyon days of pre-wipe hellmoo B) a spiteful hell admin abusing his powers

You guys are getting way too emotionally involved with this.

Thats literally necanthrope.txt

the only cliquish behavior has come from here. I have never once mentioned anything about a specific corp, other than to clarify what i meant by "us" because some hair trigger autists got bothered by that comment.

You are manufacturing drama with comments like these.

Multiplayer games survive on the basis of having multiple players, what a concept. As for the player count, it went from 11 peak to 38 peak in one day, and it probably wouldve been higher today if not for the DNS failure.

Thats really not that different from hellmoo's peak player count lately of ~45 which also includes a lot of idle players.

Hellmoo back in the pre-schism days used to average over 100 players, at one point as much as 130 players, and that was back when it was so called "full pvp". Ideas that the iterations of no-pvp on threat of banning, opt-in PVP and now the challenge and zone system somehow make it more appealing dont really pan out if you know the history of the game. CB players largely do not actually play the game. Current admins have even expressed agreement with our criticisms of the challenge system and some even wish to bring back open PVP, but anyone who knows anything knows major changes will never, ever be implemented in hellmoo at this point. Again, too much effort, not enough interest from the big wigs.

Yeah, what the fuck is up with that, by the way? I've been trying off and on to get in ever since I woke up, but it's been a few hours now.

Any ETA on when things will be resolved or should I just give up for today?

you can still play if you connect on 45.33.126.15 port 7777

add helium

I plan to add a gas mixture composition of various gases, it'd be cool to handle phase transitions. Eg. you could turn an entire room into an oven and melt down trash into metals

I'm debating on setting it on a space colony/space station or an under-water colony. The game AquaNox 2 comes to mind as something that blends cyberpunk and living at the bottom of a post-surface earth.

Check Ergo Proxy. It's a nice anime (kinda rushed in the end) with a neat setting. Domed cities in deserts, connected by long tubes with each other.
People live confortably inside of them but under the rule of their government, everyone else outside is either dead do to a dangerous disease, radiation or is surviving by.

I though you'd be using the inferno.db posted in the thread, though.

The point of space or sea is I want simulate depressurization or flooding. My idea isn't an attempt at a MMO-like MUD. I'm taking a lot of inspiration from SS13 and I'm thinking of having gameplay revolve around two major asymmetric factions. I want players to be able to modify the infrastructure of a simulated game-world so they can ruse each other with the environment.

Make SS13MOO

okay

I need help doe

Maybe I give help.

Oh, that'd be quite fun. Having to maintain the station, keeping pumps working to keep the water out, air recyclers so people can still breathe, hydroponics to feed everyone.
That sounds like a great start for a good game, though you make it sound like you want a MUSH instead.

Which is ironic considering how SS13 is sometimes called a "graphical MUD"

Depending on what's allowed to be made, I might end up joining up a bit later, once I'm not at work.
What's done, what's needed and how complex are the characters supposed to be?

Whoever said that never played ss13

You know, if you keep the syntax reasonable and get used to typing fast, a SS13MUD would probably be easier to control than SS13.

The ss13 control scheme is actually pretty similar to a text interface (it's merely augmented with some graphical commands). Add the ability to observe people even when they're out of sight provided you haven't observed them between the time they entered your sight and the time you're using the command and add shorthand to represent observables and it should be all good. About half the controls are already text-only verbs anyway.

Where can I find captain andy?

There's a commander andy in Slagtown, I think

He's a shopkeep for the comic book store

The wiki says there's supposed to be a crackhead kang called Captain Andy.

It's "robust".

I CAN REROLL IF I WANT TO DAD!
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

I need people who can write stuff like in the image

if(benis in vagina){
cum
}

Of course now that I think about maaayeb I want to do something else besides abom
:^)

That looks easier than I expected. I only just started playing though.

Making vidya in general is very easy (but time-consuming), it's making everything around the vidya that's hard. Plus, this isn't even 2D where you have to make tons of assets for every single addition, let alone 3D. It's 1D (text only), takes very little time to create new assets and very few ways additions can go wrong.

Good point

the underlying game mechanics are harder, but I need world builders who can copypasta and write lore/text and come up with ideas for items and balancing.

I'm currently implementing basic combat right now, trying to get the very basics going.

oh god im so lonely working alone

what are you looking for?

not like a real back-story, but just small fluff and tone stuff for item, areas, characters, etc.

I'm thinking ~100 years in the future on an accelerated technological timeline (no magical nanotech, but mainstream use of cybernetics).

Due to my interest in simulation I want it to be fairly realistic in technology but I'm up for absurd/comedic fluff writing. I want the primary environment to feel like a dense urban city, but it this city will likely exist in space or at the bottom of the ocean.

Gay, well not really.
Why not release yourself from this world and have it set in another one, were bullets grow on plains of rusted metal, meat is mines from the earth and jelly fish like upper atmospheric predators or one of many dangers.
Its your thing to do so you have the say, but why lock yourself into the familiar, thats not to say you cant have augments and shit like that.

I lied, I could dig a spacestation. Or like a giant spaceship. Where the populace has been locked in the hab module for as long as they can remember, and its the rest of it that the other areas that you explore. Like its huge.

sage for double post

I was actually thinking about the economy and I think salvaging will be a major component of it, up to the point where I was trying to justify it with some sort of "self-assembly machine crap" like in SOMA.

what?

setting is secondary to gameplay

I also don't mean salvaging like in HellMOO. I mean like the environment decaying over time and repairing/salvaging these areas will be relevant to the faction system, perhaps representing faction lines.

I was just mishmashin

You could also try to go for Eclipse Phase but not pozzed, that would be neat.

I idle in #8/agdg/ if you want to get involved without signing up to HellMOO and messaging someone in GONDO. Just say you're there for the MOO and I'll PM you.

Junk tried to snag me

my sides

AHAHAH
I sometimes forget how much of a no-fun faggots everyone else is.

"The engineering department of the base was home to some of the brightest minds of the generation. They had a tendency to withdraw to themselves with a weeks worth of rations and then put their latest and greatest inventions on display in the now defunct main hall. They haven't been sighted since the last time they withdrew however and people who walk near the engineering block report hearing this awful irregular clanging…"

Enemy type: the CLANG. Bits and pieces of tools and metal spinning around each other erratically at high speed inspired by physics glitches in engineering games like space engineers or Gmod. Enemies deal huge physical damage on contact but can only move randomly. Gear found in this area is high quality but has a chance to turn into a CLANG if it's health/maintenence level wears down.

We hang out in #8moo on Rizon now, topic has live server/source code information

That sounds like my sort of thing. I'm a little busy right now and still new to the game, but I'll keep an eye on these threads.

Somehow didn't see this, I'll check it out.