Literally every fucking frame is dishonest

Literally every fucking frame is dishonest.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
web.archive.org/web/20171020164739/http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/18/taylor-swift-was-the-inspiration-behind-blade-runner-2049s-unforgettable-villain-luv-7010061/
derrickclements.com/lll/blade-runner-2049-exploits-women-and-promotes-toxic-masculinity-just-like-the-first-one-did
balconette.co.uk/curved-doors/curved-glass-windows
bentglass.com.au/glass/curved-laminated/
alibaba.com/showroom/curved-glass-windows.html
cnbc.com/2017/11/20/elon-musk-teases-flying-tesla-roadsters.html
sciencefocus.com/qa/how-curved-glass-made
telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/10/09/blade-runner-2049-has-flopped-box-office-six-reasons/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally what the fuck does that mean?

It means it wasn't made honestly…

OP is right. BR2049 feels fake. All the scenes of people standing still staring at something look too rehearsed.

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who see's it. That shot through the window with rain was one of the most "look at me" "this is cinematography" "this is directing" moments I've seen in 20 years.

that's because every character in the film is an autistic robot or hologram.

Let's talk about the 2014 Robocop reboot instead. It is a superior cyberpunk film.

It was pretty good, actually. This board is just full of kneejerk contrarians.

This, it even surpassed the original Robocop.

Go away, Emmafag.

I think it's Villenueve. Arrival seemed very dishonest as well.

Tarkfag get out

I said go away, Emmafag.

Not a Tarkfag, the 2002 Solaris is actually kino.

So how many times did you guys see it in cinema?

Dishonest as in rarely if ever portrays something relevant in the movie? In the very few words i've read from film theory, at least that's what i can understand from you
I would agree, almost none of those frames portray something that is truly happening to the protagonist or the context/narrative, other than bottom left and middle column third row
Like said, in its context, it mostly looks like fashion sets or merely a photographer's extensive job under an ambiguous visual theme than the film's story itself

One time too many.

Emmafag, you want the RLM thread.

I publicly call out whoever dares to bring it, and everytime i talk about the one true RoboCop i shit on the reboot or deny its existence while mentioning how shit Brazil is

It has 2 decent scenes i have to say

I think BR2049 is an acquired taste. At first I thought it was a slow boring movie with no plot, but looking back, it was a subtle, comfy movie that you aren't meant to watch for a story, you're meant to enjoy the cinematography and visuals.

0 that's why it bombed

Yea I think the definition is trying too hard

hooktube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

agreed

It isn't, and it didn't, and that's not funny.

RebooCop wasn't bad, exactly, but it definitely suffered in comparison to the original. Those dumb fucks who keep making reboots need to stop stealing good stuff and making it bad. If they're going to pinch it, they should BUILD ONTO IT. What it should have been was Alex Murphy's successor, hence the new look and everything.

Honestly, they need to stop thinking "remake" and start thinking "legacy." Passing the torch instead of wrecking a classic would have saved a lot of reboots.

Then they should've not hamfisted the original's plot and shit all over it
Bug off, friendo

Nothing wrong with trying too hard, but there should be at least a reason to try, in the first place, other than banal and highly masturbatory exercises from both the director and the cinematographer

You're right

Are you kidding? They are basically telling you what is going on throughout the movie within the lines. It's a shit movie, especially compared to the original.

the plot was whatever. the audio, guns and environment were pretty satisfying. then again the theater I saw it in had a killer sound system. it was pretty good for a new movie.

Good thread OP

You posted this same shit on 4/tv/

Two times.

Other way around

Best movie this decade. Try to name a better one and prove how shit your taste is.

You're right tbh, I can't think of even one film that's worthy of comparison.

Forgettable.

Kill yourself.

soyboys on sucide watch with their shit movie

How about you do it?

*Unforgettable

Well it 'does' shit on waifu-ism.

This.
The film was actually entertaining enough as an action film, but if they pulled it as a successor to the original, with a bonus scene of Alex talking to NuCop about their humanity, I think people would have liked it more.

I thought you were talking about fembusters for a moment there.

You're talking about Bladerunner 2049, right?

greatest movie of this decade so far
if you disagree you might be homosexual

It's subtly bad. there's a lot to like about it, but a lot of flaws. It's just that movies are so consistently, unbearably awful these days that a movie that achieves a baseline enjoyability is treated like mana from heaven.

It was good, just unnecessary.

C-can I shitpost about Luv here, guys?

LOVE KILLS JOY

Definite waifu material.

Definition: Luv (the best one).

Joi is the superior waifu.

HE SAY YOU WRONG

No wonder she's so great:
web.archive.org/web/20171020164739/http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/18/taylor-swift-was-the-inspiration-behind-blade-runner-2049s-unforgettable-villain-luv-7010061/

Tell him I'm fapping.

Joi was a cocktease who was just using "Joe."
Luv was a real girl kinda.

All films are tbh.

What is the deeper meaning of this particular facial expression?

Was there really? I thought it felt very self contained other than how it depended on the first one for context.

LUV IS LIFE

derrickclements.com/lll/blade-runner-2049-exploits-women-and-promotes-toxic-masculinity-just-like-the-first-one-did

It was a toxic and white supremacist piece of shit just like the first. I hope George Lucas, Ridley Scott, Denis Villeneuve and all the other white males losers just die already. It's all pure shit.

This ranks Minority Report, which is a fun action movie, but c'mon, over the original Blade Runner. What a fucking faggot.
The day of the rope can't come soon enough.

I honestly can't look past the waifu stomping.

Imagine actually having this go through your head when you're watching the new Blade Runner. Imagine anxiously waiting on the edge of your seat to see whether the film will explore Deckard's participation in rape culture.

Soygoy with open mouth.png

I guess he expected Villeneuve to do to Blade Runner what Rian did to Star Wars.

He deserved it. He shot three of her henchguys. Luv's punishment—crushing an easily replaceable $40 Amazon Fire Waifu stick—was frankly very reasonable.

You take that back!

the only thing that was tied-up was Deckerd's emotional arc and a handful of characters' purposes. The thing that was supposed to be the actual plot was completely dropped and unresolved by the end of the movie. We got closure on Deckerd/Rachel and that's pretty much it. Add to that the tell-dont-show sesh about the skinjob resistance or whatever and it's pretty clear Children of Men: Toasters Edition is still go for a follow-up.

No. K was a cunt for drowning Luv. He took his stupid techno gadget too seriously. He earned bonuses every day and could have easily bought a new one. Luv had the last laugh in the end, though, when dopey K finally bled out. Truly Luv is the best one.

Ah yes, the memorable dialogue of the first film. Absolutely profound

That was painful, not gonna lie, but Luv was doing him a favor. Joi was a lie who lied to him. She didn't really care about him.

No it wasn't.
I dunno, that made complete sense to me. You don't want the corp to datamine your AI so you only take with you a local copy.

This. She basically red-pilled him and he repaid her by strangling her like an ungrateful asshat.

it actually worked for me, especially the "attack ships on fire" line… evocative without putting too fine a point on the sci-fi world. I only accept Jared Leto's weird character if he's a replicant, too, by the way. Otherwise it's lame and hammy. If they're skinjobs, though, crazy pseudo-intellectual bullshit is often a feature.

explain, because the ending seemed to me to be all emotional resolution with none of what actually was taking place being tied-up.
that was my point. you make multiple local copies using different media. literally baby's first backup strategy. nevermind the strategy of a post-mass-data-catastrophy spacefaring civilization 30 100 years from now.

He didn't have anything else.
K's arc was completed, the mystery was solved and Deckard was reunited with his daughter. The only sort of loose thread was Wallace still being alive but I don't think that really needed to happen.

This movie is all about uncomfortable truths.

he only "didn't have anything else" because muh high stakes, not for any sensible reason. They literally used the concept of data loss as a major plot point on two separate occasions. The second one (Joi) makes no sense considering the first one.
it seemed more like they intentionally went out of their way to do the opposite of the original film, where you have a resolution of the driving plot but no emotional resolution for the characters. They gave us emotional resolution without any closure to what became the driving plot during the 2nd and 3rd act. You're right that K's mystery was solved, so I guess there's that, but I can't get over how they went out of their way to hype The Toaster Rebellion and leave Wallace alive for no reason whatsoever, if this is just a film about aesthetics and Decker/Rachel and a bunch of feels.

How could they possibly get to Wallece? Did you watch the film?
HOW DID HE FIGURE OUR WHO DECKER'S CHILD WAS
THE LAST SCENE HE JUST SHOWS UP AT MEMORY GIRL'S HOUSE AND THEY NEVER SHOWED HOW HE FIGURED IT OUT

Yes, I watched the film. That's my job as a neet with too much time and not enough self-worth. Figuring out what do with Wallace is the job of the filmmaker to figure out, not me. I'm not going to hang lampshades on their fuckups just because.

Wallece is basically untouchable through sheer wealth. I thought the movie made it pretty clear. It's also possible that he was in space all those times we see him.

I'm glad it didn't go into the Wallace and rebellion stuff, that was the least compelling material in the film and the early promotional animated short film almost made me not go see it. The way I see it that was just background to the actual plot. Like how animals were rare in BR, it didn't need resolving.

I love 2049 but the Wallace/rebellion stuff was blatant sequel bait. Fortunately, they were wise enough to stay on track with the telling of K's story, and it didn't derail the film.

The shorts are mostly shitty and give off a horrible capeshit vibe. There's no way I'd have bothered with 2049 if I'd seen them beforehand, which would have been a huge mistake, because they in no way represent the quality of the movie.

Literally every fucking frame is kino

Glad I watched the 8/tv/ cut, that removed all those unnecessary scenes, as my first viewing.

I think it goes something like this
Though to be honest, I "figured out" when he brought Han Solo on the roof of the building.

I wish we would get films this kino more often.

The entire staff but deckard and wallece were autists, however the archives guy and coco (the forensics guy) it is far more apparent.

the entire cast*
Autists:
K
Luv
Police Commisoner
Slave Nigger
Bubble Girl
Hooker
Revolutionary lady
Coco
Archives Guy
The Bees
Deckard's Dog
Normies:
Wallece
Indie Jones

What do you mean by dishonest?

some tripfag troll on halfchan posts satire reviews and calls all directors and movies 'honest' or 'dishonest'.

Luv was a real hero.

Neat trick for a 15 year old.

Don't mind me, just ruining your suspension of disbelief

Curved glass already exists, true it's not as "advanced" or smooth as the one in your pic, but neither are flying cars, and nobody is bitching about those. I'd argue that flying cars are even more far-fetched.

These are CG renders. Glass, by its very definition, is straight - hence "sheet glass"

I guess you're not glass then.

I took the pictures from websites that advertise in the designing and selling of "curved glass", but I guess those are all fake.
balconette.co.uk/curved-doors/curved-glass-windows
bentglass.com.au/glass/curved-laminated/
alibaba.com/showroom/curved-glass-windows.html

The kind of person that buys early access games, ladies and gentlemen.

This has already been debunked. Some user emailed them and they said it's perspex

Nothing in it's definition says that it has to be straight, also "sheet glass", we also say "a sheet of paper", but paper can be curved and bent, there is an entire art dedicated to this, called origami, but I guess those are just lies and CGI.

Just admit you are wrong.

wrong.

False analogy. "Sheet" is a misnomber in paper. By your reasoning you should be able to go fold a window just like a "sheet" of paper

I folded your mom's window faggot

The user who I was responding to said that
Which implies a correlation between something having to be straight, and it being called a "a sheet of X", which I disagreed with, hence my example with paper. No I don't believe you can bend glass the same way as paper, but that's just a strawman on your part. The central point of my argument, is that there is no law/definition that says "glass must be straight, otherwise it's not real glass".

According to wikipedia, it's still technically glass, but even if that were false and plexiglass isn't real glass, how do you know that the window from the movie, wasn't pexiglass, how do you know that it wasn't just futuristic transparent plastic or some other SciFi material? The burden of proof falls on you, to prove that it was supposed to be actual glass.

Finally, bent glass is still more believable than flying cars that are used by the general public.

What is this I don't even

plastic.

What is this sorcery?

You didn't just disagree, you retardedly argued that you could curve glass the same as you could curve paper just because both were called "sheet"…so I pointed out the obvious fact of "sheet" being the wrong name for paper
It's literally in the name, "a sheet of glass". I don't know how you can't see the this??
The burden of proof falls on whoever makes the claim…all I did was point out "curved glass", I didn't make a claim…you made the claim that glass could be curved–now you must supply evidence
Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, anyone can edit
Elon Musk is working on flying cars right now though cnbc.com/2017/11/20/elon-musk-teases-flying-tesla-roadsters.html

Glass is curved, just like the earth.

OMG How no curved glass, how no crystal ball? Me can't see future now.

Good idea. Peter Weller's Robocop could be a weird old hermit, living on an island, milking sea slugs, and we'll have a young, hip, female Robocop take his place.

Summer Glau would make a good female Robo.

Agree

Madame is the superior waifu.

sciencefocus.com/qa/how-curved-glass-made

"We recall with our feelings. Anything real should be a mess."

How are you calcium levels doing?

Curved glass is from the like the 70s mate.

Yeah, and were the 70s real? No, so what your point??

Thread is trash and OP is a faggot.

What film?

telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/10/09/blade-runner-2049-has-flopped-box-office-six-reasons/

wtf I love Blade Runner 2049 now

They can't be serious. Joi, Mariette, Luv, Lieutenant Joshi, Freysa…even Deckard's kid was female. What the fuck are they talking about?

It's a good movie with good cinematography

Whiplash.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

user

By women they mean Mary Sues.

villenueve and gosling are shit
ridley and ford are fine

How do you go from Rutger Hauer to this.

What a fucking joke anyone loving this film is.

😢

How is this shit acting? Her facial expressions are god-tier.

Are you fucking joking me? Kek

It was garbage, not even smidgeon of the atmosphere BR 2049 had was present.

what were you subtly baiting here, user?

seems like nothing about her performance (apart from the physicality) was particularly challenging for a professional actor or indicative of strong talent. playing a robot is the new playing a crazy person which took over for playing an evil villain (BR is a chance to score all 3). None of it is hard. When the award jews throw a bone to undeserving actors they decide to anoint as a certified Good Actor(tm) they seem to do it for playing gay or half-retard, they're reluctant to do it for crazy, probably because they know everyone can do it.

confirmed pleb. a common feature of "playing crazy" is the oh-so-randumb or quirky facial expressions. don't be fooled. they're flaky, vacant people in fake situations pretending that they're not them and what they're doing is real and they mean what they say, not that its just shit written down for them by someone else. That's the challenge. When they're asked to play crazy (or evil), the direction is essentially "read this but kinda do whatever - just remember you're CRAZY"

She looks like a legit alien

not every scifi film with neon lights is cyberpunk you jackass.

i think women are somehow immune to tits on screen and just automatically blank it out

sauce? i notice there's recent keanu in it so john wick?

fuck off
Blade Runner 2049 was a pretentious piece of garbage that screamed: N-n-notice me sempai Ridley!

into trash it go

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck off, m8. Find me one instance in 2049 where Hoeks does any such thing. She's relatively subtle and restrained about her use of facial expressions throughout.

Blade Runner pleb detected

easy sir save-a-dyke, i think you've over-polished your splendid ivory suit of armor. The glare has blinded you and you cannot seem to follow the thread. I was commenting on actresses who play crazy in general. Your butch waifu is indeed restrained through the first half of the film because there is a dude offscreen saying "you're a fucking robot so act like your autistic nephew or something". When it comes time to be crazy, she starts weirdfacing it just like every other actor because they think that's what "crazy" is and it's literally a dream role for most actors… especially females. Because she didn't go full Heath Legend as the Joker with the facial ticks doesn't mean it's not there. Stop masturbating during her scenes and watch. It's there.