If net neutrality applied to libraries

So, remember that time you were like "fuck yeah, im going to the library!" and we all got in the car and we got there.

The librarian was super helpful in helping you navigate the Dewey decimal system, but when you went to check out some books, she started charging you more for certain books. Like, for no reason other than because she wanted to.

You were like "woah dude, this is a library, these books shouldn't be priced differently based on their content!" to which she said "Tough. Nothing stopping me. You can read these books that align with my ideological and political leanings for $5, or you can read this book that I authored for free. But these books that I don't want you reading? $20."

Sadly, your broke ass didn't have $20 so you didn't get the books you wanted and you took the books you were offered for free. The entire drive home, you were mad that you had to pay more for access to something that you didnt have to before. You then said "why dont we just go to that other library across town" to which i had to remind you "dude, we only have ONE library that services our area. There is another library, sure. And that library may even have a better selection. But the problem is that you dont live in the right area so that librarian wont even let you check out books. And even then there is no guarantee that she wont charge you whatever she wants as well."

Then you pouted for a bit.

Other urls found in this thread:

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-not-repeal-net-neutrality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In reality, your local library won't even have those bad books, just the "good" books.

ROAD NEUTRALITY MEANS: ALL TRAFFIC IS CREATED EQUAL
I'm looking at you toll lanes, bridges, and roads.

So you would pay directly the author of the books if you liked the ideology so much.

Yeah. These pieces of shit are literally crying because they would have to pay to get faster loading speeds when reading the new cuck story from reddit, watching the race mixing ad on youtube or binging stranger cucks on netflix.

Sorry, assault cars are banned. Only (((public transportation))). Look at shilling on Vegas strip thread.

There's no escape, either ISP charges you or (((Silicon Valley))) is going to censor you

Maybe this is a way for Trump to fuck (((Silicon Valley)))

Daily reminder that the death of the internet is a good thing. And will liberate millions of people from their phones, tablets, and computers. Will tear people from their fake social media lives that secretly make them miserable and feel left out.

And most importantly will CRUSH the jewish designed silicon valley authoritarian exogovernment that is coming to redifine what america is by censoring all right wing thought.

Imagine a world where americans were not just cutting the cord on cable tv. But cutting the cord on the internet.

Imagine what would be possible if women didnt have their fucking noses in a god damn phone 12 hours a day.

Imagine what would be possible if kids went outside and fucked shit up again.

Daily reminder that (((NETNEUTRALITY))) is the ACTUAL corporate position. And that all the shit you see from leddit and twitter about this is because they are terrified that death is staring them in the face.

This TBH. What library do you know of would carry Mein Kampf? It isn't just putting a paywall for wrongthink, they want to ban it entirely.

Show me where in the Constitution it says the government can do what it has done with the Internet and the companies related to it.

Wow, was this what the internet was like prior to 2015 when "Net Neutrality" was put in place? Sound like a scary place. : ^ )

Am I missing something, when did libraries start charging to use books?

wheres the ^ face where you hope the zombies in this dream dont lose their mind over that memory hole

It's a piece of cake to steal that cake.

Only a mentally ill leftist could come up with something this retarded.

Your comparison is bad and you should feel bad

Where is this happening?

Do you really need a THIRD thread for fake news fearmongering and shilling for government and (((puppetmaster))) control of the fucking internet? Reported. Kill yourself.

It is amazing to see all those shills trying to D&C us.
Ones are advocating to keep this law, others are advocating to repeal it.
So… What would be better? Probably repealing it, while breaking down the monopolies of the big companies(which won't happen). So the companies will be charging and squeezing as much as possible from everyone. Probably also doing PR stunts like the media does, by simply blocking sites, because muh feels.

So yeah, whatever you do, be certain of the consequences. Although it is pretty clear who is shilling here and who is actually normally discussing.

So what stops me from just buying a larger cellular data plan from a wireless carrier and just tethering my phone to my laptop? What stops me from routing my traffic through Tor? They aren't going to ban Tor, since the US government and military use it and they'd chew them a new asshole because they let a lot of their employees work from home now.
I remember dialup. There is nothing they can do to hurt me. Those kikes can suck my fat cock.

you can't be a pirate if you don't have equal access to water

Here's a not-so-well-know petition, pls spread:
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-not-repeal-net-neutrality

people cancel their internet subscriptions? (58% of the US pop only has access to one ISP)

just like ISPs are forced to adjust their prices because everyone hates them, r-right?

I heard the same argument about cable a few years ago. Kindly fuck off.

Imagine being so delusional that you think charging normies more for a service is going to magically make them stop using it, especially when people only have 1 or 2 choices. Only thing the government needs to get involved in is breaking up monopolies, nothing else. Normies don't give a shit a service costs a certain amount when they have literally no other choice in order to get access, they'll pay it and those monopolies which already control most of it, will become even richer and have more control