The Yoda scene in the TLJ was honestly great

William Ortiz
William Ortiz

The Yoda scene in the TLJ was honestly great. I was grinning because Rian really captured the feeling of the OT, it was heartfelt and comical. And he got Franz Oz to puppet Yoda for a reason. He wanted another Yoda puppet performance and its a really nice moment and parallel with Luke again, tbh i really love this film there no way you can't like this film if you like the OT.

All urls found in this thread:
https://archive.org/tv/res/1014561.html#1014657
Grayson Bell
Grayson Bell

Yoda channeling a persona he put on ESB as an act to test Luke's patience until he revealed his true self
That is why you failed, OP.

Colton Allen
Colton Allen

implying he isn't putting on the act again in a meta way
Smhtbh famalam

Nathan Evans
Nathan Evans

All someone has to do is prove Rian Johnson isn't jewish and it's better than Empire Strikes Back.

Noah Ramirez
Noah Ramirez

Nah. There was nothing good about it.
You have shit taste.

David Sanchez
David Sanchez

But it was a rehash of ESB and RotJ, only now with extremely unlikeable characters.

Jonathan Campbell
Jonathan Campbell

I agree. Nice trips!

Benjamin Lee
Benjamin Lee

there no way you can't like this film if you like the OT.
This flick was a 2 hours and 30 minutes dump on the OT. There was only two things I liked about it. The first being the soundtrack, while not nearly as good as the prequels or the OT it actually was pretty good. Secondly I liked the porgs, they were cute. That's it, everything else was shit. The directing wasn't as bad as in TFA but it wasn't good either.

Jackson Perry
Jackson Perry

liked the soundtrack
The only way you could have liked the soundtrack was if the film utilized a soundtrack and Rian allowed the film to breathe.

Samuel Clark
Samuel Clark

cuckchan

Thomas Garcia
Thomas Garcia

It was good. Rian is an actual filmmaker and Star Wars fan.

Nathan Robinson
Nathan Robinson

What was good about it?

Logan Garcia
Logan Garcia

Everything on the island for starters

Asher Miller
Asher Miller

this thread
                       |
                       |
                     ,、,、,|
                    ;'`,゙、.|'、
                    '; 、BAIT`'.,
 _,..-──‐‐- .          ´' .; ' ; '、'.';
    ,.-‐..::: ̄ ̄:`.....、           '; 、 ' ,'
  /::::::::::::::::::::::::::, 、::::::丶           '.,´; '
 :::::::-‐ナ\:::::::::/‐‐!A:::::::::\           l !j
 ::::::ハ/_,,,,,_`ヽ/  ,.--、\::::::::,>         /ルゝ
 :::::! /.ん:ハ   ん:::ハ.l l:::::/
 :Vl l. 、ィ_リ     、ィ_ツ l !V
 :::::l ,,           ,, !、|
 ::::::!               ノ::l

Jason Hall
Jason Hall

Keep saying shot like this and episode 9 will take place on a planet of yodas

Sebastian Collins
Sebastian Collins

JJ already sent the story work to Disney yesterday for approval its set in stone

Easton Torres
Easton Torres

The final movie will have to stand on it's own two legs now that they've completed "paying homage" to the original trilogy.
Jar Jar is going to handle that

Oliver Miller
Oliver Miller

It was awfully written tbh.

Zachary Cooper
Zachary Cooper

Not before Lando shows up wielding a light saber laser sword and kills Rey and Keylo, the two new whites, re-establishing some balance to the PoC.

Lucas Rivera
Lucas Rivera

I do to love Yoda. He reminds me of…

WAIT FOR IT

PICKLE RICK!!!

-WUBBA DUBAA DUB DUB!!!

#TLJ4EVER

Chase Collins
Chase Collins

I enjoyed it with my bf =^_^=

Liam Rodriguez
Liam Rodriguez

Franz Oz was great in Cloverfeld

Xavier Bailey
Xavier Bailey

MORTY MORTY! IM STAR WARS HURRICANE RICK! GET READY FOR THE HYPE MORTY! BIG REVEAL!

William Lopez
William Lopez

luke being an asshole
luke drawing a weapon against his sleeping nephew
luke drinking milk from a gross looking teat
luke being wrong about everything while rey is right about everything
good

Oliver Hill
Oliver Hill

What does yoda have frog cheeks now

David Brooks
David Brooks

The Yoda scene in the TLJ was honestly great.
Yes but only in a sadistic dark comedy way in how bad they can ruin his character.
I mean you have Joda the greatest Jedi in the franchise come back as an evil laughing Imp, making fun of the whole Jedi literature created over thousand of years, burning it and a holy Jedi site to the ground and then telling Luke in a roundabout way that he has to kill himself in the most attention getting way possible,
so his "Legacy" can fuel the fires of war.
This is the most evil thing I have seen in cinema in a long time and its fucking hilarious, Anakin Skywalker cutting down the Younglings in Episode 3 is nothing compared to this. The Force is now the Blood God and the Jedi only exist to bring more bloodshed and skulls for his skull throne.

Parker Edwards
Parker Edwards

Remember when Yoda used his last words to desperately plea that Luke pass on what he had learned?

Jose Foster
Jose Foster

Die must the people do, yes. Traditions ended they must be. Blacked the whites also must be. Even though destroyed the sith are still fight we must. Chosen Rey is to bring war and conflict to the galaxy.

Long ago the Emperor you stopped, ended his dream of peace and stability you did.

Kayden Jackson
Kayden Jackson

To be fair he realized Rey was such a Mary Sue she needed no training or Jedi stuff.

Samuel Ortiz
Samuel Ortiz

Acchually I thought she could have taught him a trick or two.

Connor Sanders
Connor Sanders

Also is it me or has "may the force be with you" become the "allahu akbar" of the rebels in the new movies?
In the old material they did some desperate things, but they had always plans for a retreat or to come out alive but now they are just suicidal.

Dylan Sullivan
Dylan Sullivan

Like spinning.

Gabriel Roberts
Gabriel Roberts

In the old material they did some desperate things, but they had always plans for a retreat or to come out alive but now they are just suicidal.
having a plan is too much of a hassle for the producers so why should the characters be any better

Alexander Harris
Alexander Harris

If the establishment backed "resistance" all die horribly then it's some white guy's fault. What's that? You want to hear how I plan to get us unfucked? You don't need to know that. Uh, I guess we just let the nu-Empire chase us until we run out of fuel and then we abandon ship. Then I can go force ackbhar on them.

Logan Jackson
Logan Jackson

I cant believe this is the same bitch from Jurassic Park. What a fucking world.

Anthony Martin
Anthony Martin

making fun of the whole Jedi literature created over thousand of years, burning it

I don't know how Force ghosts work, so I don't know whether Yoda knew this, but Rey (or maybe Chewbacca OR WAS IT THE PORG???!!!) stole those books. Eight seconds into the 32nd vid in this thread https://archive.org/tv/res/1014561.html#1014657 Finn opens a drawer in the Falcon to get a blanket for his irregular gf, all those books are visible inside the drawer.

Ayden Wilson
Ayden Wilson

10 dusty old books, hello core curriculum
Remember when the Jedi Archives used be the Library of Congress?, and even the librarians thought the Jedi were too stupid to find what they needed

Lucas Butler
Lucas Butler

I don't know how Force ghosts work, so I don't know whether Yoda knew this, but Rey (or maybe Chewbacca OR WAS IT THE PORG???!!!) stole those books.
Which only make this scene worse doesn't it?
If he knew he didn't tell Luke to manipulate him and if he didn't knew he really wanted to burn those books.

James Williams
James Williams

Book burning yoda memes are the only enjoyment I gotten from TLJ

Easton Jenkins
Easton Jenkins

yfw they get desperate and "pay homage" to the prequels

Ethan Jones
Ethan Jones

I consider the prequal trillogy to be the original trillogy as it's the origin story for many of the classic trilogies characters

Isaiah Brown
Isaiah Brown

Pretty much this tbh.

Asher James
Asher James

yoda scene
a person of color berates a low T, soy drinking, virgin, white man.
<great

Jordan Cook
Jordan Cook

Evil Yoda when?

Andrew Long
Andrew Long

TFA = E4, E5
TLJ = E5, E6

IX = E6, E1
My face when the boy at the end of TLJ, a slave, Must race his Ayyy horse for ship parts, join a jedi school and spins in a battle yippie

Elijah Bennett
Elijah Bennett

person of color
Yoda is white!!

Josiah Diaz
Josiah Diaz

Yes but this bastion of originality and complete stories is going to be directing…

miss me yet?

Hunter Brown
Hunter Brown

You act like star wars hasnt been awfully written always fam

Elijah James
Elijah James

Yoda is unironically played by a jew.

Camden Cox
Camden Cox

luke being wrong about everything
Everything you just said was wrong.

Chase Fisher